Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Hello guys. Would you be o kind to give me the links, where I can find the Sounds? Megaupload is down.Thanks and cheers, Jerome

If you guys would rather keep the AES centreline wav sound. then you need the sound files calledAES_RWLamp & AES_RWLamp_altn back in the below path.These can me located in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Aerosoft / AES / Sound folder / Make sure you have taken out the sound i did which was the PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll . replace it with the pmdg back up you orginally made.This will be found in the FSX/ SOUND. /PMDG. /737NGX. /VARIOUS FOLDER..

Edited by Steve Inwood

If I may be so bold, I would like to suggest that everyone download the free "Audacity" sound tool. It will easily allow you to manipulate the volume of any sound file to your liking. I suggest this, because Steve receives numerous requests for making the sounds louder, or softer, etc...and everyone's taste is different. Some folks keep their FSX sound settings at 50%, others may keep them lower or higher; so what sounds real to one simmer may not to another. I think Steve's work (which is excellent) should stand on it's own. Requests for fine tuning the sounds to a particular taste should be the responsibility of the end user. That's my two cents of opinion, and I mean no disrespect to any who have made requests in the past.

I will be making a few versions for those of you who want louder sounds too... more to come .
Thanks Steve. I did some more tests with maximum volumes but I can't hear the nose gear thumps on the runway before 120-130 knots (they should be heard at 70 knots, as you say), maybe their volume is too low between 70 and 120/130 knots and they are covered by the other sounds. What I clearly remember from my flights in the real cockpit is the loud thumps after landing, until the aircraft decelerates to 40-50 knots (the opposite, of course , for the takeoff). Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

I do believe that PMDG would have created a gauge that say this sound plays at 70 knots but i#'m also getting the feeling it is crept in from a lower volume to a louder one so i can't alter that i'm affriad.. If you listen there is a sound there at around 70 knots on wads but it does get louder as your getting faster...

This time i have tried to create a more realistic feel. I have lowered the depth to make it feel like the aircraft is taxiing and has weight and made the drone alittle lower so see what you think am always happy to alter and do more as it is enjoyableI have tested this on vol 50%http://www.mediafire...eqh5af1x3n47jdiINSTALLATION ****Place the PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll File into this path...Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Sound / PMDG / 737NGX / Various / Overwrite the previous but pack it up first...Place the PMDG737NGX_GRND File into this path...Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Simobjects / Airplanes / PMDG 737-800NGX / sound / Overwrite the previous but pack it up first...Regards Steve _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________Remember if you don't want the AES thumps on the runway do the following** AES USERS JUST RENAME THE AES_RWLamp & AES_RWLamp_altn TO SOMETHING LIKE .ORG this will stop them from playing at scenery that supports AES.These can me located in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X / Aerosoft / AES / Sound folder / near the bottom i think...

Edited by Steve Inwood

Remember though you will hear the thumps more in the cabin than the cockpit especially on taxiingI have studied a few vids and this is the closest i can get at the moment

Sorry Steve but there is something I don't understand: now there are no more thumps in the nose gear roll sound, it is the one with the rattle that you had uploaded previously. What am I doing wrong?

James Goggi

Sorry Steve but there is something I don't understand: now there are no more thumps in the nose gear roll sound, it is the one with the rattle that you had uploaded previously. What am I doing wrong?
Yeah that one i have just uploaded includes the rattle. the other one will be coming soon that your refering to my friend bare with me guys

Hey Guys,Thank you so much for editing these sound files. Can I ask a huge favor? Will you please use the dropbox location like you did in page 1 of this thread in addition to mediafire? Also, will you please somehow include a version number that is the latest? After reading all 8 pages, I am still not sure which sound files are the latest to use and the fact that mediafire is giving me problems, I cannot tell.So, if you can somehow say this is v1, v2 or whatever, and/or post a thread that says we're at version number(s, for different files) here today. Better yet, just keep the download location the same as in the first posting and post in a thread that the latest files (versions) can be downloaded from the page 1 link(s).Again, thank you for doing all this work.John