Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Been Getting FSX Freezes Lately

I have a 2600k overclocked to 4.8 ghz. My system has been stable at these settings for quite awhile. I've mostly been flying the PMDG NGX of late and have been getting FSX freezes since upgrading to service pack 1. The PMDG folks don't think that SP1 is the problem (never happened before though) and nobody on their forum seems to have noticed FSX freezes with SP1.The freezes seem to occur after I've been flying for over an hour or so. The flight just freezes. No CTDs, Sound remains. I've checked my cpu temp shortly after the freezes and it doesn't seem too high.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Intel 2600k, Nvidia 570, 8 gig ram, 1000watt psu.Thanks!

Steve Giblin

I have a 2600k overclocked to 4.8 ghz. My system has been stable at these settings for quite awhile. I've mostly been flying the PMDG NGX of late and have been getting FSX freezes since upgrading to service pack 1. The PMDG folks don't think that SP1 is the problem (never happened before though) and nobody on their forum seems to have noticed FSX freezes with SP1.The freezes seem to occur after I've been flying for over an hour or so. The flight just freezes. No CTDs, Sound remains. I've checked my cpu temp shortly after the freezes and it doesn't seem too high.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Intel 2600k, Nvidia 570, 8 gig ram, 1000watt psu.Thanks!
Before doing anything else, eliminate the overclock as a source of problems by setting everything to default and seeing if the same thing happens.Tim

I've backed off my overclock all the back to stock speed and am still having FSX crashes. What should I try next? Not having ctds, FSX just freezes and I have to use task manager to exit. Heard a lot about issues with certain dlls but don't those cause ctds...?

Steve Giblin

I am having the same issues too, only that my i7, (with 24GB of RAM running on Win7) is running stock! I backed off my sliders, thinking that may have been the culprit. However, at cruising altitude, the simulator still freezes. I fly for a Virtual Airlines and its not looking too good for me if I can't complete my TODs due to a freezing simulator.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Does it freeze using any other payware?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you have Windows Vista or 7 - 64 bit Download UIAutomationCore.dll from here:http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1wDrop the UIAutomationCore.dll file into the FSX root folder. While your in the root FSX folder, hold down the shift key and right click, select "open command window here" from the list of options. Copy and paste this regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll into the Command Window. Press EnterAdd this line to your [graphics] section of your FSX.cfg file:HIGHMEMFIX=1Thse two steps should fix your problem.Kind regards,

Hi i keep getting this problem as well. A couple of hours into the flight it just freezes cant click anything but doesnt crash to desktop. So i have to go onto the task manager to exit. Thanks spirit flyer will give it a try did you have the same problem.Regards Chris

If you have Windows Vista or 7 - 64 bit Download UIAutomationCore.dll from here:http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1wDrop the UIAutomationCore.dll file into the FSX root folder. While your in the root FSX folder, hold down the shift key and right click, select "open command window here" from the list of options. Copy and paste this regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll into the Command Window. Press EnterAdd this line to your [graphics] section of your FSX.cfg file:HIGHMEMFIX=1Thse two steps should fix your problem.
Hold off doing the registering part of that advice. I have just been told that the dll should be placed in the FSX root file but NOT to register it. I think perhaps they are right and I was wrong. But in any case the UIAutomationCore.dll file and HIGHMEMFIX=1 will clear up certain symptoms that are very near to what you are describing.
Hi i keep getting this problem as well. A couple of hours into the flight it just freezes cant click anything but doesnt crash to desktop. So i have to go onto the task manager to exit. Thanks spirit flyer will give it a try did you have the same problem.Regards Chris
Everyone with Windows 7 has this problem without this file being present in the root folder. It is a known FSX bug.Kind regards,

Same issues since last FSX Sp1c. Happens now even with default aircraft and no FSX. Very frustrating freeze 45 minutes to 1 hour in to most flights. Checked memory, turned off overclock, reduced sliders dramatically and decreased FPSs. Turned off all addons, upgraded drivers, turned off sound and bought new sound card, Dropping the UIAutomationCore.dll has made no difference whatsoever. I have tried every thing except wiping my FSX completely and starting over. Don't want to do that but everything else has failed. Othewise I may just stop flying. I keep reading about different users "sudden ephipanys" in which "oh I figured it out!!" but what ever fix and I have tried them all now do not work. Freeze freeze freeze as noted above. Sound continues and if you leave it for 15 minutes or so it starts again like nothing happened until another hour or two and it does it again. Has to be something with FSX but what??

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If I am starting to get this problem too, I'm seriously fed up with FSX. You spend hundreds of $$$ in it, and once you get good FPS, it starts to malfunction. Damn FSX, I want a new sim!

Guest firehawk44

Has to be something with FSX but what??

There are a lot of things that could happen to cause a system like yours to freeze but FSX should be low on your list. You have a nice system. It should be able to run anything but a bad overclock, bad CPU or memory voltages, either too high or too low can bring your system to its knees. I do not know what MB is installed in your Velocity, but you need to review with the manufacturer the correct settings. A good start is to check the following article from Tech Reaction regarding voltages and settings for any SB system - http://www.techreact...ridge-v0-1beta/. Bad memory settings are also a major cause for crashes. Your system may be able to run several days, weeks, months with 'bad' settings but, when a program that uses a lot of system resources such as FSX, suddenly crashes, I would look first at the BIOS settings. I thought I had great settings on my system but started getting unexplained crashes. In my case, it was the memory settings. I ran CPU-Z and looked at the settings under the SPD tab and decided to use the X.M.P. Overclock. It is my understanding that X.M.P. manages your memory settings much better in the BIOS. So I went into the BIOS and made sure all memory timing/voltage settings were as stated under X.M.P. under the SPD tab of CPU-Z. They were not. Mine were set to 'Auto'. I changed them and have never seen a crash since then (except for the G3d.dll crash which has now been fixed through the FSUIPC.dll). Get rid of any memory auto settings as I read ASUS MB's especially does a bad job of managing memory automatically. Again, follow the expert guidance in the link I provided above and see if that fixes your crashes.

There are some BIOS settings pinned in this forum that you might want to take a look at. Maybe someone has a similar system as yours. Try out their settings.

I might add that some crashes have occurred due to bad installation of FSX addons so if the crash(es) started occurring after any new installation, that should be your first suspect. Disable all your addon scenery in your Scenery Library by unchecking each box. If the crash(es) continue you can count these out as the cause.

Make sure Microsoft Visual's C++ Redistributables are up-to-date. Redistributables are required to run most addons, FSX and Acceleration and are not backward compatible. You'll need 2005, 2008, and 2010 Redistributables installed (check your add/remove program). Make sure they are up-to-date by running Windows update. These are updated quite a bit.

Make sure you have Version 1 through 4 of Microsoft.Net framework software. Windows 7 installs Version 4 and your FSX/Acceleration Scenery or other addon software will install the appropriate version to run their product when you install their product but disasters can happen and you might move FSX from one HD to another and the link to the dotnet software is lost in the registry (just an example of one thing that could happen). Dotnet framework software also manages memory for your applications so it is important these are properly installed. As with any system program, run Windows Update and make sure you have the latest updates for each version. Dotnet is updated frequently.

I am starting to get this problem too

Arjen - the same info applies to your freezes.

Hope this helps!!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, Thank you. I will go through your suggestions carefully. I appreciate you taking the time.

Ken

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg