Sign in to follow this  
deltatec

Transparent Baron

What do you mean by 'clean file'? If you install the plane the installer requests you to type in the serial and your e-mail. I don't think that it's possible to install a plane with the same serial number on 2 different PCs.
The file was download from PC Aviator as per the receipt above. It was then installed onto my son's notebook.At no time was a serial key requested.When it did not work I then tried it on my pC to see if it worked. It did. Again no request for serial key.The software is now only installed on the original notebook.I don't know what the hell is going on here but I am getting ######. I have paid for the software, shown the receipt.... it does not have copy protection, I don't want the bloody thing. And as there is obviously no support for the blasted product I will delete it and I want a full refund.

Guest bstolle

That's weird as all less than a few years old Carenado planes need the serial key.With the original Carenado files it's simply not possible to install the plane without the correct serial number. You should have received it from PC Aviator.I've also tried once to get a refund from PC Aviator, because I had to pay a high fee for a 'guaranteed 2 day delivery' but I never got the product. After my 5th or 6th e-mail without any reply I gave up.

Just to set the record straight here on a few items. No serial key is needed for the Carenado files we sell on behalf of Carenado. It might be different if you buy direct, but all the current Carenado offerings we have on our site do not require a serial number. I am not sure if this is the same for other resellers of Carenado downloads or not, but for us, no serials needed with the carenado distributable files we serve, and hence none are supplied after purchase.Some things you can try:1. Ensure FSX Service Pack 1 and 2 are installed.2. If DirectX10 preview is turned on in FSX display settings, turn it off3. Ensure video card drivers are updated.4. Remove or reset the value of any bufferpools tweak you might have in FSX.cfg5. Rebuild the FSX.cfg file6. Ensure Windows updates are installed.The issue is most likely with the end users system, as it is not common to every purchaser/user of this product.With a bit of persistance, I am sure we can figure out where the problem lies and fix it, so you can use your Baron aircraft Kevin.I was flying it just the other night in fact, so I know it can work 100% :)Regards,DeanPC Aviator Australia

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Thanks Dean,Completely uninstalled everything and started from scratch..No Joy. However, the DX10 preview button is missing. I feel sure this is the culprit, as I had the same problem on my own PC with a PMDG product and unchecking DX10 preview fixed the problem.The computer with the problem is running WIN 7 with NVidia 540 graphics card so probably has DX11 by default which might explain why the preview button is missing.Any ideas?

This has been reported before: http://forum.avsim.n...st-impressions/Unfortunately the image is now gone, and doesn't appear there was a fix specfically listed.Can only suggest you have loaded all service packs. Only happend to me once or twice, but I don't use this plane much these days.Edit - Post 11

In recently bought the Baron from Flight 1. I am experencing this transparentness also. I have gone so far as a complete format and reinstall of Win7, FSX and the Baron. Everything is uptodate. I'm not sure how to let Carenado know that this happens....are they out of business?Enclosed is a screenshot...I have plenty moremeh

This has been reported before: http://forum.avsim.n...st-impressions/Unfortunately the image is now gone, and doesn't appear there was a fix specfically listed.Can only suggest you have loaded all service packs. Only happend to me once or twice, but I don't use this plane much these days.Edit - Post 11
This does not relate to the transparency issue.
In recently bought the Baron from Flight 1. I am experencing this transparentness also. I have gone so far as a complete format and reinstall of Win7, FSX and the Baron. Everything is uptodate. I'm not sure how to let Carenado know that this happens....are they out of business?Enclosed is a screenshot...I have plenty moremeh
Check PC Aviator's post above. If you have add on scenery be sure to load them first. If using FSX Gold edition be sure to load 3rd disk before installing any add ons.There is no fault in the Carenado software.

This does not relate to the transparency issue.Check PC Aviator's post above. If you have add on scenery be sure to load them first. If using FSX Gold edition be sure to load 3rd disk before installing any add ons.There is no fault in the Carenado software.
I have no 3rd party scenery....I have FSX Deluxe that I bought the day it was released and it has been working flawlessly since the day I installed it. I have no other 3rd party anything. I bought the Baron because I was boared with the default Baron.

Do you have FSX SP1 and SP2 installed?
Yes SP1 and 2 installed.....thxmeh

Last time I checked installing MSFX Gold Edition with FSX Deluxe and Acceleration Expansion Pack com with MSFX comes with SP2 ... I was curious about this a well.

It's a long shot I know and I know this normally applies to downloaded programs but, try turning off UAC and the virus protection and reboot once the program has installed. Don't run until then. I keep UAC off all the time.Richard

Looks like an older thread but there are still some transparent "parts" that I can see.

I currently have several Carenado aircraft. The Cessna T210, Baron 58, King Air C90B, Mooney 201, 208 Caravan and the 340. Out of these aircraft, only 2 have transparent tail sections. The Baron 58 and the Cessna T210. I did have one occurrence only, of a total

transparent aircraft. I cannot duplicate that one time occurrence again.

I use the CH Yoke and I believe it's Key 5 or Button 9 - Slew (Freeze all movement) that will show these anomalies. Both are from the right rear of the aircraft looking forward. Not really a problem for me but maybe someone should take a look.

Attached a couple of pictures.

Danny

Try zooming out ( - ) or <SPACE > and muis scroll wheel .

John

Hi John.. Oh I can get it to go away and it doesn't bother me in any way. I just posted it thinking Carenado wasn't aware of it. Not a problem for me.

Thanks

Danny