LINDA v1.1 bug reports and support

If any...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Guest jahman

Question:

1. Will LINDA releases from now on include the latest version of every aircraft module? (I hope so, so we don't need to track individual aircraft module releases anymore!)

Suggestions:

1. Set-up LINDA directories so there is no difference between first-time vs. subsequent installs. One less possibiity for users to muck-up!
  2. Include a readme.txt file in the root folder of the distribution zip file with version information (LINDA + aircraft modules), installation instructions and developper contact information where we can PayPal you well-earned donations!
  3. Ideally the LINDA distribution .zip would have a clean root folder with only the linda folder and the readme.txt file.

Cheers,- jahman.

1.1 Yup, all the latest versions of aircraft modules are included2.1 As we don't plan any major updates in the nearest future, all small fixes will be integrated in full LINDA package2.2 The main readme file is integrated in LINDA GUI (you see it on a summary page) and each aircraft module has it's own readme file (not such convenient as one common file with all versions, but..). And as for PayPal - donation button is included in GUI too, on the bottom of side menu on summary page.2.3 Current folder/files structure is minimalistic as it is possible. We've tried it different ways and the current set is best we can do.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Artem,First thanck you and Günter again for this new version of Linda and NGX module.I reinstall all from scratch with version 1.1 of Linda so it is a clean installation.I see 2 problems on my configuration (MCP Combo 1) that are may be related each to other.1. When i press the button for changing EFIS mode (VRI EFIS MODE toggle), it change to next mode available but after 5 seconds approxiamtively it comes back automatically to the first mode2. When i press the button for changing MCP mode (VRI MCP MODE toggle), it change to next mode available but after 1 second it show me strange message in this order :SPD -- - HDG ALT --> same as in the Virtual cockpit of the NGX142 -- _040 18000SPD MCP HDG ALT 142 MCP2 _040 18000 --> with MCP2 my text for this modeSPD M121 HDG ALT000 MCP2 155 00600after 5 secondsSPD MCP HDG ALT 142 MCP1 _040 18000SPD HDG ALT 000 v-00 155 00600After this time (all is going very quick at display) the value never correspond to value in the VC.Am i the only with this strange problem ?Michel

Michel Veréb

Good catch, will fix it.Meanwhile assign somewhere the "VRI_DSP_MODE_toggle" action from VRinsight library and use it to return to "AP indication" display mode (as it is switched to "Flight info" mode in your case).

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Ok "VRI_DSP_MODE_toggle" show me now the good values.Mode still reinitialize at mode 1 after 5 seconds for EFIS and MCP.Thanks for the quick answer.Michel

Michel Veréb

Mode still reinitialize at mode 1 after 5 seconds for EFIS and MCP.
Yes, this is intended. Auto revert back to mode 1 was presented as a new feature long time ago.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

When I start FS LINDA will be started automatically in minimized mode. So far so good. When closing FS LINDA will remain running. So far not so good. When I start FS again LINDA devices refuse to work. I have to close down LINDA and restart. Then all is ok. Same if MCP Combo is used. I need to shut down everything (MCP Combo + Linda) to have it working at next FS start. My impression is that I didn't have those problems on previous versions. I could keep all devices running and LINDA would syncronize without any problems. Not so with V1.1. Could that be a snag on my system? (Same as with those funny 4 Saitek Rudder Pedal entries...?)Oskar

Oskar,Try to make a test:1. Run LINDA manually from Explorer.2. Minimize it (not close/exit).3. Try to run LINDA again and tell me what happens.If everything is ok LINDA doesn't allow to start second copy and tries to restore existing window. But sometimes this doesn't work right and then new process could hung up (you will see two copies of LINDA in Windows Task Manager).

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

I've recently installed LINDA 1.1 over FSUIPC 4.749e. After running properly for a few minutes, joystick button commands will cease to have any effect in FSX. When I reload the LUA engine via the LINDA gui, all the commands that did not reach FSX take effect. So, if I was trying to zoom out, then turn on the autopilot, these actions would occur upon LUA engine reload without any additional inputs from me (like they were stored in a buffer).Setup notes:I run a VRInsight M-panel using the FSP2 (not FSUIPC)A few button commands are still controlled by FSUIPC-my CH Yoke hat switch is not fully detected, so I use FSUIPC (see my other post)The CH Yoke is not using the CH Control Manager, just the standard Win 7 x64 HID driversIt's interesting to note that my POV hat functions continue to work through FSUIPC when the LINDA commands stop working.No error messages display in the LINDA console when this occurs.Has anyone else seen this behavior or have any ideas what to try?Thanks,Scott

Scott,It looks like your joysticks generating too many button presses in small period of time (like some button is "jittering").LINDA uses buffer to send joystick commands from GUI to Lua part and you're getting this buffer overflowed with commands.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Artem,What rate of button triggers is too high? I have zoom functions mapped that I will press very quickly to zoom in and out. Or is the maximum rate faster than a person could be expected to generate (suggesting a faulty button instead)?Thanks,Scott

Oskar,Try to make a test:1. Run LINDA manually from Explorer.2. Minimize it (not close/exit).3. Try to run LINDA again and tell me what happens.If everything is ok LINDA doesn't allow to start second copy and tries to restore existing window. But sometimes this doesn't work right and then new process could hung up (you will see two copies of LINDA in Windows Task Manager).
Hi Artem,Nothing uncommon here. LINDA doesn't start a second instance. It's really hard to tell what is wrong with it. You might remember that I have funny entries in the Setup Summary of the Joysticks where it shows 4 entries for my Saitek Rudder Pedals - although I have only one set! This is still the case with V1.1. So I strongly presume that it has to do with my setup with 5 components. I use:1 Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick2 Saitek Throttle Quadrants1 Saitek Rudder Pedals1 VRInsight MCP ComboWell, for the moment it's not a problem as long as I shut down everything before restart. It's not a serious issue - just uncomfortablerolleyes.gif .Oskar

Oski,I have exact your setup and have no problems.An Idea comes to my mind: could you mail me you standard.xml?C:UsersYourUsernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXControls

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What rate of button triggers is too high? I have zoom functions mapped that I will press very quickly to zoom in and out. Or is the maximum rate faster than a person could be expected to generate (suggesting a faulty button instead)?
Maximum acceptable repeat rate depends on system performance/speed. Try to slow down the rate if it is possible but also check if some button is faulty (and I saw the same problem with axis programmed to generate a button press on CH device - there was a specific axis position where virtual button was pressed-released constantly with high rate).

Artem Crum, EASA PPL