Thanks Damian, but I'm not advertising 'the other program' as this program has issues too - which I have objectively stated.I just want to know which program is correct based on my attached image, which no one has answered - I don't really care who has makes it happen in FSX, I just want a good flight, that's all. Quite simple.All I look for is to research real life information - create a flight plan based on that - use a virtual fsx real-time weather program and know which Stars to use for my final. What I don't want is my flight all messed up at the last minute when I can see some massive wind direction discrepancies. Looking at the other forum posts, am I the only one with issues?I have read the manual many times and looked at a lot of posts about this issue.I thought I'd give ASE a shot, but, I just think ASE is not for me. Which is OK.Maybe the 2012 version is better?

Hi Chris,Runway assignments with DWC can be challenging, and it indeed is something that has received attention in AS2012. Note that the other modes (Smooth cloud and Standard), which are more similar to traditional/competitive methods of depicting weather are not subject to these extra "challenges" and in general are much more predictable when it comes to landing runway assignments.Regarding the wind info shown, please be advised that we use actual forecast data for winds aloft in AS which can be easily compared to any real-world wind information site, for example: http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/wafswind.shtmlWe very often receive inquiries from customers about our winds aloft and why its so different from other competitive products. Without boring everyone with details, please realize we've spent 10 years now on improving realism and accuracy of winds aloft, and developing and improving the systems which collect and distribute this data. We are very proud of what we've accomplished and we know of no other solution that can provide anything even close. Comparing the winds aloft data to real forecast charts is the only way to really see that. The same goes for many other areas of AS. We focus on realism, the development team are licensed commercial pilots, many of our beta team hold advanced degrees in related areas (Meteorology, Aeronautics) and/or are real-world pilots themselves. We take this stuff seriously and don't guess at what is "feels" right... we make sure it "is" right to the best of our ability.That doesn't mean our software doesn't have occasional problems or that it couldn't do better... of course there is always room for improvement and we strive to improve every day.As to issues you're having, please do contact us via our support system (support.hifitechinc.com) and we'll take a good look at this and see what we can do to improve things for you and/or explain what is happening. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thank you, Damian for your reply.When I have a spare moment, I may indeed respectfully submit a support ticket.