Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

Fictional FedEx Livery Available for the NGX

Hey fellow NGX lovers,Jeff Whitton, an awesome painter, has just completed a fictional FedEx paint for the 737-800NGX which was meant for our VA, but we have decided to let all the other FedEx NGX wannabes take part too. LOL.gif (And yes, it's a converted freighter wink.png )Some pictures are as follows:FedEx%2520737.jpg2011-11-16_16-26-0-226.jpg2011-11-15_18-12-43-863.jpg2011-11-15_11-28-54-754.jpgIf you would like a link to this repaint, please private message me and I will send a time sensitive link. This will not be sent to the Avsim library.Enjoy!*EDIT* I'll update this post when we get the windows plugged. Thanks Peter for the heads up.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

would you mind editing the alpha to hide the windows terribly? :) looks somewhat funny this way.

would you mind editing the alpha to hide the windows terribly? :) looks somewhat funny this way.
Remember, PMDG made actual windows here- it's not that simple, and it was tried. I'll talk to Jeff again, but I highly doubt he can do anything else with it.Heck, just call it a converted freighter. Whistle.gif

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Hmm, now I am confused. according to the paintkit, you can "plug" the windows by removing them in the alpha channel.Like this: http://www.vusaf.org...ead.php?t=12314 (sorry for out-of-forum link)I have to admit it looks very very nice other than windows though.
Ok, let me talk with Jeff and we'll try it out.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Remember, PMDG made actual windows here- it's not that simple not true you can shut them down, easy enough even if you couldn't, nice paint.

Rich Sennett

Remember, PMDG made actual windows here- it's not that simple not true you can shut them down, easy enough even if you couldn't, nice paint.
I don't do much painting, and have never even downloaded the NGX paintkit, so I was under the impression that you couldn't. I'm talking to Jeff and we'll get this sorted.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

No big deal Nick nice you are trying to do repaints, need any help just ask :)

Rich Sennett

I did a T-43 scheme and had to remove some windows. It can be done, you take out the alpha, and then you have to modify the bump file and it's alpha802t431.jpgCheersTJ

Thanks guys- like I said, I don't do repaints for the NGX (mainly because of my computer) so I'll tell Jeff and he'll get the paint updated. I'll modify this post when we get it.Cheers

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Thanks first off to Nick for putting this up here for me and thanks for the comments. I had tried to pull the alpha layer from visibility before but it never occurred to me to actually delete the alpha LOL.Had a bit of a brain fart I suppose Shocked.gif. I am modifying it now and will have it packaged and pictures probably tomorrow. Thanks again for the assistance.

Many thanks for your work in this. I know for a fact I`m interested in it and would appreciate being able to use it. Looking forward to seeing the pictures when the windows are done. I think this would be an often used aircraft for me, I was in distribution for 20 odd years before my partial invalidity due to a failed spine op. So I guess that`s where my roots are based.Steve

Hi all- We'll get this fixed tonight. I'll try and catch a mod to change the pictures to new ones on the original post, and if not I'll just make a new topic. Feel free to continue to request the paint, but I'll only reply to the private messages with a link after the paint is finished.Thanks for the support guys!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo