Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

The 737NG Questions & Answers thread.

Instead of doing another tutorial thread like the "Making Wayponts" and "FMC Holding" ones,I though this would be a bit different and a sorta " get you thinking " type of approach to learning about this great plane.I will just post pics which contain a question and 3 or 4 possible answers.Only one answer is correct and I will post the correct answer within 24 hours.This type of approach is used in real world training and also encourages people to look for the correct answersin the FCOM's which in turn always leads to learning something new.Feel free to post an answer if you wish but if you do it will be very helpful to others to explain why you picked that particular answer.So I hope you find this thread both educational and also a bit of fun.( I will post the first question very soon )Fred.PS. If PMDG have no objection to this thread, then I hope that as time goes on it could become a good source for reference/answers.

Heading select and VOR. LNAV is a mode controlled by the FMS so it would not need a bank angle limit. I have checked FCOMv2 p 4.10.14 item 7 and that confirms it's Heading select and VOR.

Nice to see some interest already.The whole idea is that others will learn new things from the answers.Yes, the Answer is Heading Select & Vor. ( that is the VOR part of VOR/LOC)Questions 2 & 3.

First one´s FMA. Sorry but I´m on call tonight and won´t be bothered to check the FCOM for the second answer. biggrin.pngLove the initiative Fred. Already learned something new today. How about you invite the `winner` of your game for a year-worth of Level-D training with you as instructor!? Big%20Grin.gif

Damn. I was looking forward to answering some of these :) Too slow I guess :D

I'd say that three questions per day with 24 hours to respond would be cool. Maybe a point system for correct answers. Just a thought.Keep em comming, this is great!

Question 2 - To tell a roll mode is engaged - you must confirm on FMA that the roll mode is engaged..Question 3 - Answer If you are in climb to 19,000 feets, ALT ALERT will show between 18100-19000 i.e. 900 feet before FL190

About question number 3 we are speaking about 750FT option or the most diffused 900ft option?200 or 300Ft?In this case I think we are speaking about 900/300 option.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Q1: HDG select and VOR mode. Because LNAV is an FMC controlled path and doesn' allow to deviate from that. LOC: not because it is important to capture the LOC without overshooting it. CWSR: not because it's not an automated roll mode.Q2: is to check the FMAQ3: between 18100' (900' from MCP alt, it starts) till 18700' (300' from MCP alt it stops). FCOM2, 15.10.7Bert Van Bulck