What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FOKKER F27 100/200/300 OFFER PRICE ENDS SOON!
- Majestic Software Dash 8 - Q400 - Pilot Edition 25% off
- Flight1 BN-2 Islander 50% Off at Just Flight
- ORBX 37% off Sale at FlightSimStore
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- AETI Yoke and CH Pedals for sale cheap
- System including all hardware and simpit for sale!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
. . .
fsx scenery repair question - basic
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:06 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:29 PM
Not to be confused with multitudes of other people with similar names. Nevertheless, easily confused.
Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:08 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:11 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:33 PM
There's two things we all learn with FSX: Fliying and... patience! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.
...I have no idea what would happen if I just disable everything I see in the scenery lib and then add them back slowly. Im not sure i have the patience for that...
Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:10 AM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:40 PM
I have never done it but was told it is possible. You can also copy the scenery.cfg located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg. If you delete the working fsx.cfg, it will rebuild the basic or default scenery.cfg. You will then have to reinstall your addon scenery or add it manually. In other words, it will not go into all your fsx folders and rebuild all the addon scenery. That would be a nice option though but I would think it would be a nightmare for someone to come up with a program like that.Best regards,Jim
More infoI think I have isolated the issueI installed ORBX FTX demo for the north west , I also installed mytraffic xAlthough I uninstalled all of the entries from scenery lib, the scenery.cfg and from within the mytraffic scenery viewer. I still have a mess with respect to the pacific north westI suppose my question is . can I delete the scenery.cfg file and will it rebuild itself with currently installed product in the same fashion as how we can rebuild the fsx.cfg file, maybe this will give me a clean scenery filethoughts.Peter
Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:53 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:18 PM
Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:44 AM