What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
fsx scenery repair question - basic
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:06 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:29 PM
Not to be confused with multitudes of other people with similar names. Nevertheless, easily confused.
Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:08 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:11 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:33 PM
There's two things we all learn with FSX: Fliying and... patience! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.
...I have no idea what would happen if I just disable everything I see in the scenery lib and then add them back slowly. Im not sure i have the patience for that...
Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:10 AM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:40 PM
I have never done it but was told it is possible. You can also copy the scenery.cfg located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg. If you delete the working fsx.cfg, it will rebuild the basic or default scenery.cfg. You will then have to reinstall your addon scenery or add it manually. In other words, it will not go into all your fsx folders and rebuild all the addon scenery. That would be a nice option though but I would think it would be a nightmare for someone to come up with a program like that.Best regards,Jim
More infoI think I have isolated the issueI installed ORBX FTX demo for the north west , I also installed mytraffic xAlthough I uninstalled all of the entries from scenery lib, the scenery.cfg and from within the mytraffic scenery viewer. I still have a mess with respect to the pacific north westI suppose my question is . can I delete the scenery.cfg file and will it rebuild itself with currently installed product in the same fashion as how we can rebuild the fsx.cfg file, maybe this will give me a clean scenery filethoughts.Peter
Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:53 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:18 PM
Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:44 AM