What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Mega sims sale
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Rex 4direct
- Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
- WTB EVGA GTX780
- I've Logitech G27 mint condition Swap.
. . .
fsx scenery repair question - basic
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:06 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:29 PM
Not to be confused with multitudes of other people with similar names. Nevertheless, easily confused.
Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:08 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:11 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:33 PM
There's two things we all learn with FSX: Fliying and... patience! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.
...I have no idea what would happen if I just disable everything I see in the scenery lib and then add them back slowly. Im not sure i have the patience for that...
Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:10 AM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:40 PM
I have never done it but was told it is possible. You can also copy the scenery.cfg located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg. If you delete the working fsx.cfg, it will rebuild the basic or default scenery.cfg. You will then have to reinstall your addon scenery or add it manually. In other words, it will not go into all your fsx folders and rebuild all the addon scenery. That would be a nice option though but I would think it would be a nightmare for someone to come up with a program like that.Best regards,Jim
More infoI think I have isolated the issueI installed ORBX FTX demo for the north west , I also installed mytraffic xAlthough I uninstalled all of the entries from scenery lib, the scenery.cfg and from within the mytraffic scenery viewer. I still have a mess with respect to the pacific north westI suppose my question is . can I delete the scenery.cfg file and will it rebuild itself with currently installed product in the same fashion as how we can rebuild the fsx.cfg file, maybe this will give me a clean scenery filethoughts.Peter
Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:53 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:18 PM
Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:44 AM