The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
fsx scenery repair question - basic
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:06 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:29 PM
Not to be confused with multitudes of other people with similar names. Nevertheless, easily confused.
Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:08 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:11 PM
Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:33 PM
There's two things we all learn with FSX: Fliying and... patience! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.
...I have no idea what would happen if I just disable everything I see in the scenery lib and then add them back slowly. Im not sure i have the patience for that...
Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:10 AM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:58 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:40 PM
I have never done it but was told it is possible. You can also copy the scenery.cfg located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg. If you delete the working fsx.cfg, it will rebuild the basic or default scenery.cfg. You will then have to reinstall your addon scenery or add it manually. In other words, it will not go into all your fsx folders and rebuild all the addon scenery. That would be a nice option though but I would think it would be a nightmare for someone to come up with a program like that.Best regards,Jim
More infoI think I have isolated the issueI installed ORBX FTX demo for the north west , I also installed mytraffic xAlthough I uninstalled all of the entries from scenery lib, the scenery.cfg and from within the mytraffic scenery viewer. I still have a mess with respect to the pacific north westI suppose my question is . can I delete the scenery.cfg file and will it rebuild itself with currently installed product in the same fashion as how we can rebuild the fsx.cfg file, maybe this will give me a clean scenery filethoughts.Peter
Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:53 PM
Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:18 PM
Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:44 AM