Sign in to follow this  
B77W

No GPWS Sounds

Hi,Since installing SP1 my GPWS sounds seem to have disappeared. I've tried re-installing the update and still no change in the situation. I've checked the FMC MENU and all of the relevant settings are turned 'on'.Any ideas? I'm using the -800 if that makes any difference.Cheers,Sam N

Cheers,

Sam N

Update: My passenger signs don't make sounds either. Maybe somehow the cockpit sounds have been disengaged?

Cheers,

Sam N

If you have access to redownload the whole thing from PMDG site i recommend doing so making sure you have totally deleted the old one before and also make sure there is no other folders relating to the NGX left behind. Such as the PMDG folder in FSX. the PMDG folder in the fsx sound folder etc ... make sure you have a download available before deleting this old one first..Regards SteveI do believe the sp1 is combined with the installer as of now..

I had the same problem before. I was sometimes using headphones, and other times my speakers. When I disengaged my headphones and reengaged my speakers again, the controls sound disappeared. So when turning the knobs, there was no sound. Same for the GPWS. Restarting your PC solved the problem for me. This problem always seems to be occuring when changing sound device while playing.

If you have changed views then press Q to turn off sounds then again to reenable
Yes +1, sometimes double pressing Q will reset the sounds, I think it is because pmdg run them externally and not within FSX

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Restarting your PC solved the problem for me.
Wow, thats quite a fault if someone elses PC had to be rebooted to fix yours! LOL.gif

Chances are that FSX just changed your sound device. No idea why it does that, but it's happened to me plenty.Launch FSX > Go to Sound.Check your "Windows Sound Devices". Be sure it's not set to "Default Primary Device". If it is, that's most likely the problem.If it's not, or this doesn't work. Chances are your jack for either your headphones or speakers is only half plugged in, thus only getting one channel.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

After SP1, I have lost the nose wheel scrubber sounds after retraction. Also lost that nice "Growl" at around 43% N1 during decent. Too bad, that low freq. growl was one of my favorite sounds on the NGX.

I checked the sound device. All seems to be ok. PMDG 737NGX it's the only add-on playing wrong. I have PMDG JS4100 and it's work fine, all sounds. I have iFly737 and all sounds ok. But after paying 70$ for the PMDG 737NGX I can't play it fine. The most realistic add-on for FSX without call-outs and GPWS alerts... I'm getting crazy!Please help!

Ok, following the instructions I unistalled PMDG737NGX, deleted all folders from PMDG737NGX, updated DirectX and installed again PMDG737NGX and now works perfectly! and in the FMC sound options are available my "speakers". Thanks a lot, I'm very grateful.

Btw guys Q does not reset the custom panel sounds we process and load ourselves - it's purely for the engines, which use the FSX sound system. There's no issues with our custom sounds, they use the latest Xaudio API and in reality operate fully outside FSX.The things to check if you're having custom sound problems are the sound device changing or blanking out and not having installed the latest DirectX runtimes from the Microsoft site (which are included in the NGX installer at the end too, some people skip them despite the warning not to.) That's 99.9% of the sound issues we've seen at support.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com