Sign in to follow this  
Brad27

Double Entry Glitch?

I have a glitch so it seems within my FS9 scenery library...I installed a scenery and it automatically added itself to the config i then closed FS9 and reloaded up again sometime later to see it was listed twice!?......I have removed one of the 2 duplicate scenerys from the library and closed and opened again to see it has once again added itself making two duplicate entries....whats going on!

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

Hi Brad.Did you realise that FS9 keeps TWO scenery cfg files? The one you know about and the other located with the FS9.cfg (Documents/Application Data/Microsoft/FS9 ...I think). If YOU make changes to one you have to do similar to the other. FS9, however, updates both.

Hi Brad.Did you realise that FS9 keeps TWO scenery cfg files? The one you know about and the other located with the FS9.cfg (Documents/Application Data/Microsoft/FS9 ...I think). If YOU make changes to one you have to do similar to the other. FS9, however, updates both.
Completely untrue.Baring the existence of a NewScenery,cfg in the root FS9 folder you can edit the scenery.cfg located there without need to edit the other one.The scenery.cfg co-located with the FS9.cfg is generated solely for reporting purposes when FS9 crashes and asks if you want to tell Microsoft. It can safely be deleted without harm.When you make a change to the Scenery Library FS creates the NewScenery.cfg with your changes, it does not edit the scenery.cfg.When FS9 starts it checks for a NewScenery.cfg, if it finds one it renames the existing scenery.cfg to oldscenery.cfg then renames NewScenery.cfg to scenery.cfg and loads the sim off of that one.If it does not find a NewScenery.cfg it loads off of the existing scenery.cfg.This is why it is recommended that when you make changes to the Scenery Library you shut down FS9, restart FS9 and shut it down before making any changes to the scenery.cfg.Back to the OP, what scenery addon is doing this?Are both entries identical? Some addons need two (or more) entries.If they are identical, check their entries in the scenery.cfg for the line- remote= .If it is not there add it, then try to start the sim and remove one of the entries in the Scenery Library.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I know when you are building a new database for FSNavigator and you interrupt it before it's finished, you'll end up with multiple entries in your scenery.cfg.Cheers, SLuggy