•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

London City Problem-Urgent

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 beroun

beroun

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Hi,I recently downloaded the London City EGLC zip London_City_274783 signed by Ashish Singh dated 23 May 2010. As much as I respect the developers of the enhanced airports (got over 200 of them in my FS4) this airport has bgl/texture to distort former Chicago Meig's Field and also Seattle Tacoma stock airports. Apparently a joke played by the developer. The objects appear on the runways there after the EGLC is added to FS2004 as area. (pictures attached). When EGLC deleted the objects disappear, so no coincidence.Perhaps you should pull London_City_274783 from the library. You are free to check this, download the airport, add it as an area in FS2004 and look at Meigs or SEA airports.As mentioned, the developers are respected by me but this type of a 'joke' is not acceptable. Otherwise Avsim is GREAT!!!!!RegardsPeter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 N60JBravo

N60JBravo

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,105 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 4 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

First- I am not sure why this is "Urgent"?Second- there is no joke here, it is a known issue with this developer and he is aware of it. If you don't like it, delete it.Third- his e-mail is in the readme, I bet if you try to contact him he will be happy to fix it.Or tell you how to fix it, you just need to delete some unwanted files.As I said, he is aware of the problem.regards,Joe
The best gift you can give your children is your time.

Posted Image

#3 beroun

beroun

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:42 AM

Thanks Joe,I am glad this is a known issue and not 'a joke'. I can easily fix it. With all the good stuf Avsim offers, this is a minor issue. Although I must say that this was my first landing into the trees, so with the reality of FS, I thought it was urgent. Additionally it took me a day to research which one of my add on files acts up.RegardsPeter