Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Had one of the best sim experiences with xplane 10...

tonight that I've had in years of simming!!! I am grinning from ear to ear!!Took off from kbi in one of my favorite aircraft's of all time-the Carenado F33. Handling is so real I am shaking my head in amazement!The new autogen and high res textures are beautiful!as are the rivers:and reaction on clouds of real weather downloads which just kept getting worse as I flew-I love the virga ahead!Came back to kbfi to do some formation flying even though the weather was getting worse (you can set the ai traffic to formation fly with you)-just over the tale is one of my guys getting ready to set up with me as I takeoff:Nice shot of the water and car traffic one sees:and just when I was having fun the engine chose to quit-luckily I was over a highway whose one side was not too busy:and managed to squeeze right behind this truck-lucky I wasn't in the other lanes:Seriously this is one of the best simming experiences I've had in years. Can't wait till I get the real thing without the 10 minute time limit!

Brilliant pics and description Geof, I'll link to your post!An easy trick - Last night I flew formation with 3 747s. As you say, formation flying, but if you're lazy like me, go into map view and drag the aircraft to very near your position and make sure their altitude and airspeed are similar - away you go. Might try 5 tonite..

Beatiful pics.Looks like alot of fun!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Somehow the demo performs very badly for me...The graphics are not impressive either. XP9 looks way better to me. I might try to reinstall. :-(

Looking into some of the settings posted in the rendering thread on the xplane forum-it really is all in how you set it up. Good luck!

Geofa posted some great shots. I am amazed by the detail on the highway guardrails. Nice flying!

Keith Guillory

Thanks all. During the demo if you get a chance try letting an ai fly your plane-what a riot-doesn't care where it takes off from but actually seems to do a good job even navigating thru mountains (try packwood, wa for instance).

Nice, tho the only thing that xplane turns off for me are the plasticky looks of the world. Maybe my eyes are just tricking me.Nice capture man!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

HelloNice shots, looks like they have borrowed the rain from FSX though

I know XPlane is good, but still, after checking 4 different demo versions in the past, I always stuck to MS' FS

I know XPlane is good, but still, after checking 4 different demo versions in the past, I always stuck to MS' FS
Yep have the same feeling,while this one is better the lightning and colors are really weird...Nice shots

André

XP10 is def. looking better and better, hope to see some ORBX like textures in the future.. thanks for the shots GeoffJohn