Sign in to follow this  
JamesDinsdale

URL expired for download onto clean computer

Hi all!I just recently cleaned my computer (wiped data) and I'm currently in the process of reinstalling all the flight sim stuff. I bought the nNGX in october and installed it during that time, but I have lost everything while purposely deleting my data, I have all the emails and the order number and what ever other digits come with the confirmation email, it also comes with a link to download the installer, but its expired probably due to the fact I have already downloaded it 2 months ago.surely I don't require to pay for it again to re download it??#James

You'll need to purchase the extended download service ($4.95?) and then file a support ticket to get a new link. I also suggest purchasing a storage drive if you routinely delete everything without backing it up.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

thats pretty stupid considering other download programs i bought i was able to re download them after a couple of stages.....
I don't particularly like it either, but it is what it is! I hate to break it to you, but it wasn't particularly bright to delete so much without a backup plan.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

thats pretty stupid considering other download programs i bought i was able to re download them after a couple of stages.....
A good tip is to always back stuff up, dont care how little it may be, but it will save you LOTS of time in the long run

just to make it clear, i did back up the files i new i would loose, school and stuff. but i didnt with all my downloads because they normally let me re download them

just to make it clear, i did back up the files i new i would loose, school and stuff. but i didnt with all my downloads because they normally let me re download them
Then you have learned the same lesson I learned a few years ago. That's not always the case. The old Itunes was bad about that.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Just had to reinstall MD11 and found my backup installer to be corrupted (most likely due to bad data medium) ... bought extended download service, submitted a ticket with all previous information concerning previous order ID etc ... Mr. Paul Gollnick, Manager Customer Support, responded within a few hours (despite the time zone difference between PMDG and good old Europe), reactivated my download URL, and everything worked perfectly, MD11 being back on my system now. Thank you & very well done, everybody at PMDG.Sigmar Stadlmeier

Haha..... what a strange world. You thanked a company letting you, after a repayment, download a software you already purchased.Good, that other companies let you download the software you bought as often as you want!!!Imagine what it would cost if you loose all your 36 add ons and you have to pay for all redownloads. Besides the time consuming side... How long will it take just to get all the add ons...Kai Bock

Hi Kai,it's always a balance ... it was 18 months after initial purchase, and it was entirely my fault not to verify the backup in time. Read PMDG's standard terms of contract... that's life.Sigmar Stadlmeier

This has been SOP here for 5+ years and it's in the purchase agreement... Despite what anyone tells you, serving up large files over and over again costs money, redownload requests (without having purchased EDS) are the most common support ticket we get. It's not a trivial cost for us in the slightest.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

For me its just a backup routine to be done before I even try it. Soon as I purchase a download I make a new archive folder, adding copies of all emails, the installer and associated textures. I then move it to an external drive and add any new patches and emails/documentation. Its the best thing to do when you have no backup CD/DVD media, though some people cut their own DVD. Just a habit you should get into and a good plan for the future.Sam