Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

Problems with speech recognition

Hi,My PC is windows 7 and I have installed the demo VoxATC.In the Control Panel I have tried "Text To Speech" but there is no "Speech Recognition Tab".But under the "Text To Speech" I have two choices:If I choose "Start Speech Recognition" I get this Error Message: "The speech Recognition is not supported in the actual language"If I choose "Add a microphone" I get this Error Message: "Your current default speech engine foes not support this action at this time"Reading page 6 in the VoxATC manual I have tried to download and install the "Speech SDK 5.1" because I could not find the "Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English US)".Then I started FSX loading the recommended free flight "VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Eppley" I clicked "Enable on the the VoxATC gauge - and after som unsuccesful sounds an error message came up: "Cannot initialize voice recognition. Ensure that you have a US English compatible recognizer selected. See help file."So obviously my problem is that I do not have the correct Speech Recognition software.Any help for a danish Windows 7 user??BRLars

are you running under Win7 x64 or x86?if you are running x64 try usingC:WindowsSysWOW64SpeechSpeechUXsapi.cpl (double click the file)and see if that works "preview voice".try selecting other voices you install and see if that works.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Unfortunately double-clicking on the sapi.cpl only gives me a window with only a Text-To-Speech tab options.I do not know where to find the Speech Recognition tab??Translation:Egenskaber for tale = Speech characteristicsTekst-til-tale = Text-to-speechDu kan styre stemmeegenskaber, hastighed og andre indstillinger for teks-til-taleoversættelse = You can rule voice characteristics, speed and other adjustments for text-to-speech translationBrug følgende tekst til afprøvning af stemmen = Use the following text to test the voiceetc etc

The real problem is that the language interface is danish and even if I try to change this interface in the Control Panel and restarts my computer it is still the same language interface (=danish) when I look in the Laguage part og Control Panel. Anybody who by chance know a solution????

if you got the Win7 Enterprise or Ultimate edition you could D/L the English language Pack.it appears you have the Windows UI in Danish, is that the case?

Joel Strikovsky

That's correct Akila. But I do not have the Enterprice or Ultimate edition of Windows 7.So right now I'm looking towards VATSIM - it's a lot of money to buy BOTH the W7 Ultimate AND VoxATC Money%20Eyes.gifBut thank very much you for your help Akila! - and who knows, maybee Santa Claus has something in the bag for me when he enters my chimney......

what you can do is (if you got Vox) , is let the FO (First Officer) handle the COMMs for you.that way you could enjoy the realism of Vox & having a FO, the FO fortunately shouldn't be effected by the language barrier.

Joel Strikovsky