Sign in to follow this  
out

FSGenesis NEXTMap

Got it !!Thanks.Tristan
I'm glad that you asked those other questions and not me Tristan! Like you, I had similar thoughts about the priority levels in the scenery library but looks like we have been given the answer. I am still not sure if I really need to purchase this as I already have FS Global 2010, have you decided to purhcase FSGenesis Tristan? If so let me know, I would be interested to know what your views are.ThanksMark

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Packard Bell imedia S3210. AMD Athlon II X 3 425 Processor 2.70 GHz. 3 GB RAM. External hard drive 1TB. FS9.1, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain Europe, REX, Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced & Ultimate Night Environment 2010, WOAI, MAIW, AES, ODG Project.

Rafal,You can buy the FSG NextMap for Europe blindly. I bought them when they were released. Your europe wont look the same. Beware with the old LOD11 mesh that were included with the old Europe bundle, they caused CTD for me when I installed the NextMap stuff. Removing them fixed that issue.I also strongly recommand all the ASTER mesh, for middle east (from Turkey to Afghanistan, including Saudi Arabia, Oman, Iran, Irak, Egypt etc) it's simply awesome and will make your flights to Asia much more entertaining.As it had been said already by Joe, you MUST keep your lower LOD mesh (76m, 38m) since it will make the elevation in the remote look perfect and avoid the artifacts caused by using only LOD11 (19m) mesh.If I remember well anyway, FSgenesis includes 38m mesh within their NextMap 19m mesh.I 've been so enthusiastic with ASTER and NextMap mesh that I ended in buying all of the NAM NED mesh (US). Flying with those american meshes installed makes flight above Utah, New Mexico, Montana simply amazing.I am now hoping for some alaskan 19m mesh, and also chinese mesh (LOTS of moutains there!)

Arnaud, merci for the great info.You bet I WILL make use of it! smile.png