Sign in to follow this  
saranghaeyeo

RC not starting

Hi, I just bought RC 4.3 a few days back and downloaded and installed it successfully. However when I tried to open up RC, nothing happens. No registration screen pops up. Not sure whether I did anything wrong or not but I do have latest version of FSUIPC and makerwys downloaded and installed as per the links pinned. I'm running win 7 x64 with RC installed in the default C:\Program Files (x86)\rcv4x. I ran installation as admin and made sure RC runs as admin too. Any suggestions??

Are there any error messages hidden by the open windows?In similar fashion make sure none of your security applications are blocking RC from starting and accessing the folders it needs. Be sure in both Win and add-on security apps that RC is bypassed on security checks. You can as an admin also check the Windows event logs for anything odd when you start RC.Instead of the shortcut, if you go to your RC folder, right click on the .exe, and select run as admin, doesn't anything happen?

no hidden messages. it's just the cursor changing to one with a small loading sign then it's back to the normal cursor.will try checking event logs and get back to you.nope... nothing happens loading from root file or from shortcut. I'll try bypassing security from my kaspersky and windows firewall. Anybody ever have problems with these 2 security apps??

click start, in the search box, type PSRdouble click the problem step recorder executable that is foundclick the record buttonnow start radar contactafter nothing happens, then click the stop recording button, and allow it to zip up the screen shots and diagnostics - and then send them to mejd

The pinned topic at the forum head regarding 713 errors deals with Kapersky and Norton, among others.I also have Zone-Alarm Pro which usually throws up a dialog box when it blocks something but occasionally on certain services it will block them without any notice. Check the logs of those security apps you have including any built in one to see if anything regarding RC or FS is present.

OK found the solution. It appears that I have system locale set to Chinese PRC so it might have gotten mixed up trying to read using the wrong encoding. Changed it back to English (United States) and everything is working fine now. Thanks to all who've helped.

Bumped into another problem. When loading FSX flight plan into RC, I got run-time error 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument. Anyone know a solution to this??