Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update 09DEC11: NGX SP1b Updates Available

I am skeptic.Not only this news will wipe every third party flight planner product out but IMHO that is not entirely true what it has been said.I mean, many times here on the forum we read about real pilots saving time using a co route, route made by their own company to optimize stuff and saving time. A 737 real pilot from Air Kenya mentioned that a month ago more or less, as example.This SP1b will cut both third party products and also part of the reality IMO. I know that 90% of real stuff is being made by inputting SID and STARS manually into the FMC but that does not represent 100% of the real operations as far as I know reading Air Kenya real 737 pilot reports, for instance. I assume other companies act the same.
You need to reread what we said.This does not "wipe out third party flight planners" - you can still use them, but it's only going to insert the enroute portion of the route, not the SID, STAR or approach. We also did not say that real pilots don't use the COROUTE function, what we said is that these usually do not contain the SID, STAR or approach because those things change depending on the runway, the winds patterns that day, ATC traffic flow etc. You'd load the coroute, then go and select your runway, and SID after calling clearance/delivery. Once in cruise and getting closer to the destination, Center is going to tell you which STAR to descend via and you'll only be told the approach once you get in contact with approach control at around 40-60 miles out from the airport. It's not realistic to have the full route loaded at the start of a flight like a lot of simmers do.
When I went to run the newer livery installer, a message from my Norton Anti-virus came up informing that it has deleted the installer because "it was actingsuspiciously". I re-installed the service packs and now the livery installer doesn't even show up. Anybody else have this problem?TomEdit: I was able to go to Nortons Anti-virus and undo the delete. Now livery installer works although now when I start FSX I get an audio notice that Ultimate Traffic 2 has been loaded (never got that before).Tom
Norton is bloated crap (putting it lightly) - get rid of it and install Microsoft Security Essentials.
Just trying to understand, when you say:, is this just about a graphical fix in the models, or does it acutally affect aircraft behavior (e.g. higher max roll rate resulting from higher aileron deflection angle)?
Visual thing only yes - the flight dynamics were not wrong, just the visual deflection of the surfaces.
Thanks for the update... I'll wait other few hours before downloading, this will save server load and will save me to re-download if there is an installer update... :) (as seen on sp1)
There's no issue with server load, these are hosted on a huge global distribution network.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

To Ryan:You forgot my question: will this update reset all the service based failures(the flight time counter)? Because I still haven't had any failure after 20 hours of flight and I hope this will occur soon.Christopher Schilly

It's fantastic to see continued updates and development on the NGX - it just keeps getting better and better. However there are a couple of minor tweaks that seem to be missing in this SP1b. From my interpretation of the manual the FD bars should retract from view (disappear) at 50' Rad Alt on all ILS approaches except a fail operational autoland.Currently they don't do this. Have I read the manual wrong or is this something still being looked at? It would seem quite a minor tweak to do so I'm a little surprised it hasn't been corrected - unless I'm wrong of course. Keep at the fantastic work!Adam Turley

Nice! I was about to install the 737NGX on my newly installed system today, so your timing for the release of this update is perfect. happy.png

Thank you very much guys! This truely just keeps getting better and better. Still need to get the cash to buy the 6/700. =P

I know it has to be a typo, but nevertheless the installer for 700/800 says 3116, but the 600/700 says it right "3118"/ Leffe

Robert,

• Fixed captain's CDU screen not visible when using the included panel states.

• Fixed cold and dark panel state so captain's CDU phantom power from holding down MENU is no longer active.

Does this mean the Loading Panel State... glitch is fixed? I get that every time I start up my NGX and select CLD&DRK. It says Loading Panel State... even after the "initialization" is done (green bar). To fix this, I have to open the 2D FMC (Shift + 3) and then close it.

Diego,I'm not aware of any "glitch" like that - it definitely doesn't do it here for me.

I know it has to be a typo, but nevertheless the installer for 700/800 says 3116, but the 600/700 says it right "3118"/ Leffe
RSR just forgot to update the version - just change them to say 3118, there's no difference aside from that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

To Ryan:You forgot my question: will this update reset all the service based failures(the flight time counter)? Because I still haven't had any failure after 20 hours of flight and I hope this will occur soon.Christopher Schilly
+1 ?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Ali-Ah- the 700WL config file didn't get it's version number updated to 3118, my error.The file number shows 3116, which is identical to the 3118 file- so there is no need to worry.(the files are the same- it is just a typographical error on the number... I'll fix...)
Edit: Hmm, I've just downloaded and installed all variants and It's not only the -700 showing the 3116 (-800 and -900 as well).Others wrote it already...

Regards,
Axel

Just awesome! Have not even purchased my NGX yet. (one more final, then a 5 week break from grad-school) I assume this pack will already be installed into the NGX 739-736 I will purchased on Tuesday?Can't Wait!! Drooling.gif

Diego,I'm not aware of any "glitch" like that - it definitely doesn't do it here for me.
Hi RyanI made this little video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ajQQ3tGWw&feature=youtu.be

It's just a small annoyance.
Just awesome! Have not even purchased my NGX yet. (one more final, then a 5 week break from grad-school) I assume this pack will already be installed into the NGX 739-736 I will purchased on Tuesday?Can't Wait!! Drooling.gif
You're missing out!

Why is the middle bottom of the 900 series still darker than the rest of the aircraft? Is it supposed to be like that? Why is it discolored?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Whenever you download the installers they will be current to the latest patch/sp