Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

Possible to save different sensitivities with different aircraft?

Thanks to Wowee for this link in another thread - this utility allows you to save your button/axis preferences per aircraft - try this until Austin comes out with his official version - it doesn't do sensitivities that I can see, but I haven't really played with it much. It does the buttons and axis assignments for sure though.http://forums.x-plan...&showfile=12551
Thanks, Aaron. X-Assign is a great utility - I found it via another search and I've been using it for a few weeks, first in XP9 and now in XP10. The only limitation is that while it saves the axis and button assignments, it doesn't handle the sensitivity and stability curves. Apparently the technique suggested by airlinejets and Goran makes it possible to develop a specific joystick response profile, including sensitivity and stability, for each aircraft. The two together should be pretty useful.I suppose that if I can arrive at an ideal sensitivity and stability setting that works across all the aircraft, then the question will be moot. But until then, I'll be trying what airlinejets and Goran recommend.For other newcomers reading this - X-Assign is very much worth checking out.

I just wanted to come back to this thread and say that Goran and I had a very good offline conversation, at the end of which I understand a lot better where he's coming from. I hope the reverse is also true. I'd like to apologize for my role in sparking an argument. It takes two - and in spite of my self-righteousness, above, I definitely helped push this one over the edge. Apologies to Goran and to all other readers.Perhaps the mods would be kind enough to prune the thread and leave only the information that might be useful to others.Thanks in advance!