Sign in to follow this  
PaulG

Brake Temperature Issue

Hi Guys,Would anyone have any suggestions as to why the brake temperature readingsmy 6/7/8 & 9 series are barely increasing.I have had this problem since the first SP came out,& even after SP1bthe fault still is occuring.Since day one,like so many others on here I had problems with the Temp readingsgoing off the scale with little brake use.But since SP1 that has been reversedto a very slight increase.Test example, Fully loaded Aircraft ,landing @ 180kts full manual braking to a full stop (No other assists)immediate 180 turn on the Rwy,full throttle to 140Kts & standing on the brakes againto a full stop.Brake Temperature reading displays MAX (1.4 & 1.5 )??Normal braking after any landing the readings are always (0) Steel brakes selected BTW.Thanks in advance,Paul.

Yes I know,but that's as high as the readings get to after 20 mins. A friend tried to replicate my scenario above, & his temp readings increased to 4+ in less time than that. Paul

I'm sure someone else can recommend something better but you could always try a full re-install.

Sorry Will,I should have said before,but I already have carried out a full re-installof the whole NGX series.

I did a MLW landing with no reversers and autobrake 3 last night, brake temp showed zero during turn-off, taxi, and at the gate. I did see the temp increase before SP1b...or maybe it was before SP1, can't remember. I un/re-installed SP1b, same result this morning. I know some tweaking was done on the brakes, maybe it needs another look.Rob Hall

I've had a few flights myself were the brakes fail to heat up with around 75% load give or take and between 6,000lb and 7,000lb fuel landing and no register temp with auto-brakes set at 2/3 even after parking at the gate and watching and waiting '0'. Then others before I'm hardly off the RW it give reading.From my understanding even a empty 737 should have enough kinetic energy landing to heat those brakes up.

Mine do not increase either, but I believe one of the guys at PMDG commented saying that because of FSX' insanely high friction model less brakage was required than on the real thing. He was talking about Autobrakes though. Not sure how relevant that is to our possible problem.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Hi folks,I also have issues with the brake temperature staying at 0.0 after landing.Even flying into short fields like LOWI with AB set to 3 and idle reverse the temperature stays at 0.0 with steel brakes when I pull up at the ramp.This is definitely not realistic.ThanksMark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

PMDG already said that this is part of the limits of FSX, they replaced the logic and were looking to improve it, they know that is not so real, but FSX is not of help in fixing it.I don't know if they abandoned the problem or not.When I'm playng for fun, I normally manual brake and with them is simpe to pass the limits. What I hate is that once failed, also if failure is cleared, I still not have brakes. I must re-load the flight.One example is when I do some fictional landings with the -600 at St.Barths.

Regards

Andrea Daviero