Sign in to follow this  
gura75

ENVA RWY 27 ILS localizer

When "flying" from ENGM to ENVA (pmdg 737 -600) I experience difficulties capturing localizer RWY 27. The NAV radios are both tuned into 109.9. I use charts published by AVINOR. I do a RBU 2M (STAR) approach. According to the ILS chart published by AVINOR one should capture localizer at 4700 ft. This will not happen in my case. I'm not sure why. I have to use VNAV all the way to minimums and then manually. I'm not sure why this happens. ILS RWY 09 works like charm. Any of you guys experiencing the same? Suggestions?gura75ENVA charts:https://www.ippc.no/...VA/enva_no.html

FS has lots of airports with ILS/GS issues. I think you can fix them with ADE but may take a little reading. I had the same issue with KALB recently and Mark Alderidge fixed it up for me using ADE. ADE being Airport Design Editor, it's free.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

First, don't confuse your terms:Localizer provides lateral guidance only.Glideslope provides vertical guidance only.It seems like you're having a problem with the latter (glideslope). Are you even getting a glideslope indication in the aircraft? If not, it might not be an ILS in the sim, and only a LOC in FSX. I couldn't tell you. I used to fly up there all the time in the sim because I was with Scandinavian VA, but I dropped that when my last computer died a few years back.

Kyle Rodgers

First, don't confuse your terms:Localizer provides lateral guidance only.Glideslope provides vertical guidance only.
When flying ILS I try to capture localizer first. The localizer comes alive and I hit the VOR LOC button. After a short while the FMA ROLL switches to VOR/LOC mode.Once captured, the airplane will bank to maintain localizer. At the same time I watch the glide slope indicator. When the glide slope indicator comes alive I hit the APP button and at he right moment I get G/S lock. The FMA pitch mode changes to G/S mode. I'm in control of the ILS system down to minimums for CAT 1 (ILS). I basically have trouble capturing localizer RWY 27 ENVA despite following headings and altitudes provided by avinor charts. I think Turbine777 provides some good clues to what can be wrong. Still it's quite strange since I also use payware ENVA airport for FSX. gura75

The payware ENVA airport could be causing an issue as well, if the scenery file wasn't set up properly.

Kyle Rodgers

I fly and control there all the time and the ILS / glideslope works fine with the freeware package "Airports of Norway". I have never flown with the default scenery or the aerosoft payware scenery. Get Airports of Norway from flightsim.no -> http://www.flightsim...norge/1296.htmlEDIT: I didnt see you used the payware. You might want to try using a non payware version as a step in the trouble shooting process

Love that scenery! I wish they made an FSX Version, and were still active!

Kyle Rodgers

It is possible for current charts not too have the data as set up in FS scenery such as navaids, As regards payware, they should provide charts declaring the parameters they used.