Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

HU: 737 PIC Evo available as of now

In the MD-11, if you look at the central window frame, and follow it from the compass down to the glarshield, you should come across a strip where you can see straight through the frame.You can see it here: http://www.mutleyshangar.com/features/martw/images/md11/vc1.jpgNo, the MD-11 modeling in the VC is better. It is more uniform and more correct. In the exterior I think they are somewhat comparable however. The MD-11 exterior isn't very accurate. The engines are inaccurate and the flaps aren't connected to the wings by some sort of mechanism. There are also some modeling errors in the gear.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Is it really different than paying 12 bucks for McPhat repaints? However, instead of getting 5 to 7 HD repaints, you get about 20 normal ones. I don't see the big difference... And please remember: you can buy the standard option if you wish. So, these extra liveries are fully optional. As such I don't understand why you make a fuss about them.
Not making a fuss about them at all... Just got me thinking. It looks different at first for me. But maybe it's not at all...McPhat is an independent company doing a really good job at what they do BTW, IMHO.Wilco is charging extra for liveries instead of releasing a paint kit quickly for quick free liveries from painters in the community...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

<some content removed>That said, I own multiple packs of their stuff and have always been happy with it. I simply stopped comparing to the real aircraft...EDIT: I removed some of the stuff I said in this post, as it was based on apparently old screenshots in mcPhat's store. Disregard my earlier comment. I do recommend McPhat update the screenshots in their store however, so such a thing doesn't happen again...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

One if the bigger mistakes I have seen is on the MD-11 Aeroflot Cargo livery. Hint: look at the tail.
I own that Pack too... I'll take a look...
... I simply stopped comparing to the real aircraft...
Same here...

Don't own the pack myself, but I looked at the screenshots on mcPhat's product page. based on that I didn't buy it wink.png

Benjamin van Soldt

That's why good (large) screenshots are a MUST when showcasing your product!! Ah ah ah!!! Loser.gif

OK, I got my PIC 737 v2 last night, and I must say I am a bit disappointed. It appears to me the product was released in a hurry before cristmas (what really would explain the discount until December 23th). For me, I loved v1, it was one of my fav planes to fly, although it was ageing. I used v1 on FSX along with shockwave 3d lights and the TSS CFM56-3 soundpack for FS2004, which worked extremely good and it was one of the most immersive planes I had (and still have).So, I am one of the persons who got the direct comparison, here are my impressions:-the VC is functional, although its not a captain sim or PMDG one. For me, it just lacks detailed textured and looks waaaay to clean and sterile. All the switches work as with version 1, but I also think thats the best that FT could possibly do. The new night lighting looks good, but is very simple in functionality. As with all FT planes, you cannot control instruments lighting and dome light independly. But also at night, some misplaced geometry becomes evident, namely the green lights on the radio panel which are cut off by the freq display and the ILS marker lights to the left of the main panel, which look a bit strange. At night the cockpit also looks way to sterile.-The animated cabin is the same of all three planes and only consists of 54 seats!!!!!! o.O And yes, I counted them, because the whole thing looked too short for a 737 to me. Also, the info screen from v1 is missing.Also: when you use the key bindings to move backward in the cabin, you will notice that the polygons of the seat backs are missing and they are transparent from behind. What kind of cheating is this?-Same applies to the external model, while it has transparent windows and wing flex as well as lots of animations, it just lacks realism! The plane looks just too much like a computer model....of course it is, but v1 did not! V1 looked like a used plane with detailed textures! In terms of textures v2 is a huge step backwards. The shine of the landing lights on the fuselage at night is also missing, which looked very immersive at v1.-Sounds are buggy, they got the famous too loud idle sound with them, which was found out to be a soundpack fault, I then installed TSS on the plane again.So, this is my first impression, Ill be back after a test flight but still:FEELTHERE: for the sake of my spent 45 € on the deluxe version, PLEASE ADRESS THE THINGS I MENTIONED IN AN UPDATE! I like the 737 classic and there are not much of them around, and I trusted you, because of v1, thats why I bought v2!Until then, I will be flying v1!

In the panel.cfg, the window06 gauge is missing.
[Window06]size_mm=297,187position=0visible=0window_pos=0.0, 0.117window_size=0.155, 0.173BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0ident=103

There should be agauge00=b737c2Pedestal!DCP, 0, 0, 297,187line.It's there in the other configs, so you can alter the panel setup itself or just add that line I think.Sorry for asking, but can you describe the problem? Bad night lighting? I have some shots attached in the previous posts. I think it pretty much looks that way in the sim.

Maybe the screenies were bad - I can't read any of the gauges in the OH, as well as on the main panel. It seemes that the text surrounding the various knobs is not at all lit when dark. Next the knobs positions in VC vs. 2D OH do not follow each other...The foreward OH panel seemes to be 2D shots inserted into the 3D OH - looks very weird?Thx for trying ;)Mas

Good ol' Fritz, mixing up things. smile.pngNotice the different policy. You buy a thing, you download it, you need to download it again. A smart salesman now tells you to pay for downloading the generic installer, every year. Nice policy?The other, and fortunately more common approach is, you buy a thing, you download it, you need to download it again, you download it. I mean, you've bought it, right?So whatever one may like or not like about this Wilco/Feelthere plane, he is not forced to buy it. But if he does, the shop gives him 500 (sic!) downloads, instead of putting up small but lucrative barriers for things that should be .. standard. Easy. wink.png The magic word is 'policy'.Wasn't it clear that you won't like the Wilco plane, Fritz? I mean, before the thread even started. I do like the PMDG plane, and the iFly and the Wilco so far. So sorry for describing a few items for other folks to make up their minds before buying.We both know, the even better business model would allow a trial. Some devs already have that in place. A role-model!

Maybe the screenies were bad - I can't read any of the gauges in the OH, as well as on the main panel. It seemes that the text surrounding the various knobs is not at all lit when dark. Next the knobs positions in VC vs. 2D OH do not follow each other...The foreward OH panel seemes to be 2D shots inserted into the 3D OH - looks very weird?
Mas, can you look at this screenshot and compare it to your sim picture? I can't say I'm too happy about the night lighting, but it remains readable for me. http://imageshack.us...8/99765600.jpg/
So, this is my first impression, Ill be back after a test flight but still:
Thanks for the info and the V1 comparison. I've sold that box a while ago. It was too much for me and the system I ran back then. So V2 is somehow new to me, but we may agree that Wilco sometimes stretches the meaning of 'Evolution' quite a bit.

Good ol' Fritz, mixing up things. smile.pngNotice the different policy. You buy a thing, you download it, you need to download it again. A smart salesman now tells you to pay for downloading, every year. Nice policy?The other, and fortunately more common approach is, you buy a thing, you download it, you need to download it again, you download it. I mean, you've bought it, right?So whatever one may like or not like about this Wilco/Feelthere plane, he is not forced to buy it. But if he does, the shop gives him 500 (sic!) downloads, instead of putting up small but lucrative barriers for things that should be .. standard. Easy. wink.pngWasn't it clear that you won't like the Wilco plane, Fritz? I mean, before the thread even started. I do like the PMDG plane, and the iFly and the Wilco so far. So sorry for describing a few items for other folks to make up their minds before buying.We both know, the even better business model would allow a trial. Some devs already have that in place. A role-model!Mas, can you look at this screenshot and compare it to your sim picture? I can't say I'm too happy about the night lighting, but it remains readable for me. http://imageshack.us...8/99765600.jpg/
My god - it seemes to be identical - I'm downloading for the 3rd time now, just be shure that I don't have a corrupt DL... Be back with a definitative answer in 10 mins.. THX for your help!!And by the way - in the setup utility - how do you guys setup the whole graphics tab - I'm using Nvidia Inspector, and I don't want a conflict?Mas

I've left it at default on the AA settings. I think it only affects the way the 'glass' draws the lines, so not all parts of the VC.96430022.jpgMas, sorry, I really have to ask stupid things. But these two shots show readable text, not?72900525.th.jpg38332346.th.jpgAs said, I can't call the night lighting beautiful, but I can read stuff there.

Good ol' Fritz, mixing up things. smile.png Notice the different policy. You buy a thing, you download it, you need to download it again. A smart salesman now tells you to pay for downloading the generic installer, every year. Nice policy? The other, and fortunately more common approach is, you buy a thing, you download it, you need to download it again, you download it. I mean, you've bought it, right? So whatever one may like or not like about this Wilco/Feelthere plane, he is not forced to buy it. But if he does, the shop gives him 500 (sic!) downloads, instead of putting up small but lucrative barriers for things that should be .. standard. Easy. wink.png The magic word is 'policy'. Wasn't it clear that you won't like the Wilco plane, Fritz? I mean, before the thread even started. I do like the PMDG plane, and the iFly and the Wilco so far. So sorry for describing a few items for other folks to make up their minds before buying. We both know, the even better business model would allow a trial. Some devs already have that in place. A role-model! So combining extra fees, intrusive (but useless) protection methods and no trial may then be a rather different approach. I can't blame the fans though. Mas, can you look at this screenshot and compare it to your sim picture? I can't say I'm too happy about the night lighting, but it remains readable for me. http://imageshack.us...8/99765600.jpg/ Thanks for the info and the V1 comparison. I've sold that box a while ago. It was too much for me and the system I ran back then. So V2 is somehow new to me, but we may agree that Wilco sometimes stretches the meaning of 'Evolution' quite a bit.
Definately is something different - see how some of my text are not lit at all? And some of my backgrounds are lit, but yours are not? Weird...See: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/vcnight3.jpg/Mas

You are right. Something is missing there in your screens.I'm sure you already run the installer 'as admin', antivirus off, Windows UAC off and so on.

I've left it at default on the AA settings. I think it only affects the way the 'glass' draws the lines, so not all parts of the VC. 96430022.jpg Mas, sorry, I really have to ask stupid things. But these two shots show readable text, not? 72900525.th.jpg 38332346.th.jpg As said, I can't call the night lighting beautiful, but I can read stuff there.
Cross posting now; But again - look at my latest screen - the text around some knobs is not lit on mine - some on both are not... You can see the big difference in the AC panel... How can I identify a knobs function, if the text is black on black - that's not flyable to me.. Havne't heard anything from Wilco yet...Mas

FEELTHERE: ... PLEASE ADRESS THE THINGS I MENTIONED IN AN UPDATE
your model, VC and lighting comments have nothing to do with feelThere. feelThere only updated the gauges. your concerns are with Wilco -http://www.wilcopub....icalassistance/(scroll to the bottom of the page for the support form)Wilco also controls the SP 'strings' and all updates. all concerns must be voiced to them (see link above), again as has been stated for 1/2 a year, as only the panel gauges were supplied by feelThere.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/