Sign in to follow this  
kozmicelly

ILS localizer slip off : 744X and MD11X

Hi,Suddenly my 744X and MD11X begin to land left off the runway(J41 lands normally).Tried sevral aircrafts (including default ones), all of them landed normally.Only 744 and MD11 always land about 100ft left off the runway. Tried several approaches from right and left angle, but always landed left off the runway. It's never happened till today.Reinstalling didn't solve this problem.Anyone can guess the cause of this? And what would be the solution?Thank you in advance. im%20Not%20Worthy.gifKozmic Elly

Which airport, which runway? Have you checked the charts? Look for something like "LLZ OFF SET x.xx" There are a lot of cool things actually in FSX that some people don't realize such as "Offsets". I 1st ran into this years ago at KBOS and sure enough I found that it was actually landing as it should and the real world chart even showed the offset it was following. Check out this thread. Also see what the other Dan had to say at the bottom, although this in some cases isn't something you would fix, it's normal behavior for runways that have Offsets and aren't meant for (or certified for) Autoland.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thank you so much for your replies.Yes ILS Autoland and on every runway of every airport it happens. "Repair.exe" didn't work, maybe because of my XP 32bit OS.What "Repair.exe" repairs is Windows registry?If you hit upon anything to solve this problem please let me know.And I'll try everything that I can think of.Thank you so much again.Kozmic Elly from RJTT

Ok, if it happens on every airport every runway, then that's most likely the issue with the registry.Yes, repair.exe repairs a snafu in the registry that Nick touched on and it should fix your issue.I know you don't use Vista or Win7 (nanny OS's), but it is repairing the registry after all, so... "Right Click" the repair.exe and choose "Run as admin". Be sure FSX is not running when you do this also.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Maybe just manually doing this would work. I have to apologize, but I haven't used XP in years, and I couldn't tell you how to get to regedit, but I'm sure you can find something quick on how to get into the registry editor. Once you are into regedit-Navigate here:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftmicrosoft gamesflight simulator10.0Open the SetupPath value, and ensure there is a at the very end of the path, and that the path is correct for where your flight sim is.That's it- should be a simple fix. If that doesn't work, it may be something more complex.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Thank you million much, guys!! im%20Not%20Worthy.gifManually edited the registry and that DID IT like a magic!!It's so easy (or rather simple) solution that I feel like I'm an idiot and much impressed. Hypnotized.gifThank you guys again.Kozmic Elly from RJTT

Thanks for this fix guys! This also corrects the ILS localizer cues that were sticking off to one side causing the MD11 to come in at the wrong angle at MTPP, KSEA, KMIA, etc..

Maybe PMDG should include this fix in their readme's as I was very hesitant to get another PMDG plane if the automated landings were going to be screwed up at so many airports. But now that its fixed, I'm looking forward to the NGX in the near future.

BTW on 64 bit windows, the key in question is located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0

If you are handy with Regedit you can just add the \ to the end yourself. Make a "restore point" before you touch the registry, just in case.

Thanks again

Clark

Clark Janes

pmdg_trijet.jpg