Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD incorrect

AS2012 is on a network install, on the same PC as ASE.When I try to install WXinfluenced graphics AS2012 tells me that TEXTURE-MAX-LOAD=1024 and wants to automatically update fsx.cfg to 2048 but the fsx.cfg file I can see on the FSX PC has TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096.Is there anywhere in AS2012 I can see where it thinks fsx.cfg file is or anyway I can manually make sure it is seeing the correct fsx.cfg file?Thanks

Update.I've found that AS2012 is using a fsx.cfg file from the PC it is on, not one on the PC running FSX, how do I tell AS2012 to use the fsx.cfg file on the PC running FSX?Thanks

Update.I've found that AS2012 is using a fsx.cfg file from the PC it is on, not one on the PC running FSX, how do I tell AS2012 to use the fsx.cfg file on the PC running FSX?Thanks
I had the same problem. I renamed the directory where the FSX config files sit on the remote PC (the machine AS2012 runs on), and that worked. It also appeared that the initial_backup it made of the existing FSX texture files during the install were from the remote PC and not the target PC, as the registry settings for the network config hadn't yet been made yet. Probably a good idea to manually backup the textures after getting the network setup in place.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks Bob for the workaround but it's not ideal is it?Hope Damian and/or the team get a fix out for this. I don't remember having any similar issues with ASE.

Hello,By default AS2012 should be using the paths specified during first run of AS2012 when the local paths cannot be found, this is part of the standard networked configuration setup. Problem is, when FSX exists on the client machine, it doesn't know it is a networked setup. In this case the paths should be specified manually in the registry. Please refer to this section of the documentation:Step 6: Configuring Active Sky 2012Once you have the shares and SimConnect configuration complete, you can configure Active Sky 2012 to properly work in networked configuration.Active Sky 2012 needs to know the location of the main Flight Simulator X installation path as well as the FSX Appdata path. In addition, you may want to load FSX flight plans on the FSX computer into Active Sky 2012 on the client. Since your shares are already configured you simply need to point Active Sky 2012 to these locations. To do this, simply run Active Sky 2012. Active Sky 2012 will identify that FSX is not installed on the client machine and automatically ask for and save the correct network share locations.If you need to manually specify these locations, you can edit the registry key values (on the client machine) as follows: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareHiFiAS2012FSXMyDocsPath: Set this to your desired flight plan folder, which should be shared on the FSX computer as fsxcomputernameFlight Simulator X Files HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareHiFiAS2012FSXPath: Set this to your desired Flight Simulator X installation path, which should be shared on the FSX computer as fsxcomputernameFlight Simulator X HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareHiFiAS2012FSXAppDataPath: Set this to your desired FSX AppData Path, which should be shared on the FSX computer as fsxcomputernameFSXIf you have any trouble with this please contact us and we'll lend a hand (support.hifitechinc.com). Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damian.I am almost sure that when I installed AS2012 it only asked for the location of FSX, I should add that I have ASE installed in network configuration already.After seeing Bob's post I went searching and found AS2012 was using a fsx.cfg file on the client PC, not the one on the server PC. After renaming that file AS2012 then asked for the location of the AppData path and all looked good.I have just looked at my registry entries and the string value 'FSXMyDocsPath' was not there so i created the string and entered the correct path.Thanks for the update. I have not flown enough yet to compare it to ASE but the few flights with the PMDG 737NGX have been without problem and that's not using DWC, I prefer my weather 'real' :smile:Dave