•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Tutorial available for Tupolev TU-154B2 V9.0

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 edetroit

edetroit

Member - 8,000+

• Bronze
  • 10,663 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:19 AM

Many thanks are definitely in order for the man who wrote the English tutorial!:-beerchug MichaelregardsEdhttp://forums.avsim....files/60974.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

Inactive Member_mikealpha_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 8 Months and 1 Day

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:49 AM

Michael,thanks for the nice words !>> is there a way to enter Nav data into the NVU manualy without resorting to the NVUCalc?yes, but it's too much to explain that procedure in a forum message. I'm just on the way to put that with pictures in a second version of the tutorial.In the meantime: The NVUCalc program checks for the FS2002 exe path (aka installation path) in the registry. Use START/Run/regedit to look to your FS2004 EXE-Path entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator/9.0. If you create an 8.0 "dummy" entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator and put your FS2004 EXE path value in there, the NVUCalc finds it and works correctly.No idea about other FS9 model except the one that's here in the AVSIM lib.Mike

#3 Inactive Member_ha5mvo_***

Inactive Member_ha5mvo_***
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2004 - 01:14 PM

Yes,According to their forum everything is functional with, according to the developer, the only imporatant error is a drift on ILS approach.Mike, since you are familiar with the aircraft, is there a way to enter Nav data into the NVU manualy without resorting to the NVUCalc?Also, are you familiar with a GOOD FS9 model for the plane?(there is one other model I know but its dynamics are based upon the 134)Thanx again, //MichaelpsBTW - EXCELLENT job on that english manual!!!

#4 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

• Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 03:34 PM

From what I heard from the team, work is going in FS9 direction. No ides when it will be finished, but there's hope this gorgeous plane will be also available for FS 2004.Thanks for the offer regarding Russian, I'll probably get back to you on that :)Mike

#5 Inactive Member_ha5mvo_***

Inactive Member_ha5mvo_***
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:02 PM

.............. which is recommended to be used in FS2002 only for now..............From what I have tested so far:it is 80% functional in fs9. Startup procedures, autothrottle, autopilot (have not tested the quality of ILS capture yet) joystick assignment and the rest work fine, no problems there. The two major problems I did notice were:1) This is quite expected, the flight dynamics are hmm...a bit distorted. The aircraft easily gets very high AOA. While I'm by no means an expert on tupolevs, I don't think the stall horn should sound with every small pitch up deflection or the slightest drop on speed.However, this FDE is designed for FS2K so the need for revised dynamics for FS9 is not surprising2) That's the biggie...I can't export flightplans to the NVU. Whenever I hit export sh-p (export to the aircrafts panel) I get "system could not find the file specified" msg. So the entire NVU part of the panel is non functional.Don't get me wrong, its still a remarkable piece of work, even in FS9.The level of detail and degree of complexity are unprecidented. Frame rates are excellent and the learning curve is very VERY steep.//MikePSMikealpha, I'm not sure my russian is better than yours, but if you need any help with translation I'm willing to help, don't hasitate to give me a buzz ha5mvo@yahoo.com

#6 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

• Guests

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:34 AM

Hi,might sound strange, but the FS2004 version reviewed by 'Bear' is the old version. It e.g. doesn't have the Russian navigation system, but uses GPS instead.The new one, which is recommended to be used in FS2002 only for now, is much enhanced regarding 3D model accuracy, flight model, systems, sounds, etc. It has no VC yet.But parts of the tutorial (APU and Enginestart, Loadeditor, CoG) can also be used for the old model. Mike

#7 otterspotter

otterspotter

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 11 Years and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:34 PM

Big thanks for the tutorial, Mike!One question: what is the relationship, if any, between this model and the one featured in Steve 'Bear' Cartwright's minireview posted yesterday? Obviously those are two different packages, if only by size (12MB vs. 52MB). Don't know if v9.0 has a VC or not, the other package does. I hope your tutorial can also be used to fly the other bird too.Once again, thanks.M.

#8 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

• Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

Dan,yup, the IL-18D is also very impressive, but I will stay with the TU-154 for now. Two planes with Russian manuals at once is too much for me.I would guess to get the AP working in the lateral axis you have to do the same alignment of the gyros as for the TU-154. On the IL-18 Navigator panel I have also seen MK and GPK region switches and the same fast alignment button.Generally if you have any warning light showing up in the main panel, then don't takeoff, as you can bet it will be something of major importance ;). So you need to clear all that first.As soon I have found out all the "meat" of the TU-154 (it's plain unbelievable what they have all put into it), I will certainly look more detailed into the IL-18 as well. I guess the navigation system principle will be very similar.Mike

#9 Inactive Member_ba747heavy_***

Inactive Member_ba747heavy_***
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the tutorial :D

#10 Inactive Member_danowat_***

Inactive Member_danowat_***
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:42 AM

Hi Mike,I tried the latest IL-18D last night, I was very impressed, have you tried it?.If you have do you know how the autopilot works?, I did manage to get it working, once, but then I couldn't get it working again, allsorts of bells and buzzers going off LOL.If you have any idea how to get the autopilot working let me know, thats all I really need to manage to fly this bird as I can figure out the rest.CheersDan.

#11 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

• Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Dan and Jozef,>> Now if you could do the IL-18D and the AN-24RV english tutorials I would be a very happy man!!!!! Ouch, LOL ! My Russian knowledge is very limited to put it mildly. But next step are the fine details of the TU-154 NVU navigation (manual input without assistant, RSBN correction, wind corrections, etc.), which still give me something to scratch my head about.But the IL-18D is waiting in my hangar already ;)Mike

#12 Inactive Member_danowat_***

Inactive Member_danowat_***
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:27 AM

Hi Mike,Yep, works great now, thank you very much :)Now if you could do the IL-18D and the AN-24RV english tutorials I would be a very happy man!!!!! ;)Many ThanksDan.

#13 Inactive Member_Jozef_K_***

Inactive Member_Jozef_K_***
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:27 AM

Mike,Affirmative, no problems anymore with unzipping. I noticed that the file size is larger now.Thanks very much for that document![font color="#6D6E10" size="3" face="Arial"]Jozef[/font] http://pluizig.ath.cx/signature.jpg

#14 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

• Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:04 AM

ZIP file works now, at least for me. Can you try again ?Mike

#15 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

• Guests

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:34 AM

Ooops, indeed I also get the error message. I have provided the doc file and it was zipped in Russia then, maybe an incompatibility in their zip program.I informed the team about it, should be corrected as soon as possible.Mike

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!