•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Xposm help for XPX

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Trying to import some driveways I put into OSM, to go with the houses that Ben helped me with in Osm2xp. I'm pretty sure I have the area of interest correct, just not sure of the directory for the dsf files. Does this look correct?# location of v9 Global Scenery terrain DSFs, describing the terrain mesh.dsfdir=r'D:\X-Plane 10\Global Scenery\X-Plane 10 Global Scenery'"D" is where I have XPX installed.This is the error message I'm getting.[attachment=35722:xposm error.PNG]The location of the data is 45.09n, -79.19wHere is the script edits.[attachment=35723:xposm data.PNG]Thanks for any help.Glen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Tried to edit first post, system won't let me?Anyways, made a change to the python script,# location of v9 Global Scenery terrain DSFs, describing the terrain mesh.dsfdir=r'D:\X-Plane 10\Global Scenery\X-Plane 10 Global Scenery\Earth nav data'and now get this error.[attachment=35747:error2.PNG]Glen

#3 Benny_

Benny_

osm2xp dev

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 9 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Seems like the dsf file format changed for xp10, and that xposm isn't compatible with those changes.

#4 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Is there another way of getting OSM roads into XPX?Glen

#5 Benny_

Benny_

osm2xp dev

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Generate them with a xp9 dsf if you want to use xposm.Another option would be to look at laminar official tool for xp10 scenery, but it would be too much work i think.

#6 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thanks Ben, using my XP9 install worked. It's coming back to me now, been a few years since I used it. I had to change the interest area as well, 1 degree off. I tried again using the XPX global scenery and it wouldn't work.There's one issue though, it has to use a 1deg x 1deg tile. I tried with just a small area from OSM, and although it worked, you loose all the surrounding roads and rail. The download limitation from OSM really hurts this tool. I don't want to have to download 300meg of data for my province from some other source, just to see two driveways I add in OSM. OSM needs to allow much larger downloads direct from their site.Glen

#7 Benny_

Benny_

osm2xp dev

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

You could edit/remove the exclusions on the dsf generated by xposm (use dsfTool to convert to txt, edit, then convert back to dsf).I think xposm add a network exclusion on the whole tile.

#8 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

Ben, thank you.....Had to figure out how to edit a dsf, used x-grinder, removed a line that looked like it was an exclusion, x-grinder back to dsf, fired up XPX, and all the roads and rail are back, and the driveways are there. Once again, thank you.Glen