•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Xposm help for XPX

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 7 Months

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Trying to import some driveways I put into OSM, to go with the houses that Ben helped me with in Osm2xp. I'm pretty sure I have the area of interest correct, just not sure of the directory for the dsf files. Does this look correct?# location of v9 Global Scenery terrain DSFs, describing the terrain mesh.dsfdir=r'D:\X-Plane 10\Global Scenery\X-Plane 10 Global Scenery'"D" is where I have XPX installed.This is the error message I'm getting.[attachment=35722:xposm error.PNG]The location of the data is 45.09n, -79.19wHere is the script edits.[attachment=35723:xposm data.PNG]Thanks for any help.Glen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Tried to edit first post, system won't let me?Anyways, made a change to the python script,# location of v9 Global Scenery terrain DSFs, describing the terrain mesh.dsfdir=r'D:\X-Plane 10\Global Scenery\X-Plane 10 Global Scenery\Earth nav data'and now get this error.[attachment=35747:error2.PNG]Glen

#3 Benny_

Benny_

osm2xp dev

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 8 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Seems like the dsf file format changed for xp10, and that xposm isn't compatible with those changes.

#4 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Is there another way of getting OSM roads into XPX?Glen

#5 Benny_

Benny_

osm2xp dev

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Generate them with a xp9 dsf if you want to use xposm.Another option would be to look at laminar official tool for xp10 scenery, but it would be too much work i think.

#6 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thanks Ben, using my XP9 install worked. It's coming back to me now, been a few years since I used it. I had to change the interest area as well, 1 degree off. I tried again using the XPX global scenery and it wouldn't work.There's one issue though, it has to use a 1deg x 1deg tile. I tried with just a small area from OSM, and although it worked, you loose all the surrounding roads and rail. The download limitation from OSM really hurts this tool. I don't want to have to download 300meg of data for my province from some other source, just to see two driveways I add in OSM. OSM needs to allow much larger downloads direct from their site.Glen

#7 Benny_

Benny_

osm2xp dev

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

You could edit/remove the exclusions on the dsf generated by xposm (use dsfTool to convert to txt, edit, then convert back to dsf).I think xposm add a network exclusion on the whole tile.

#8 Muskoka

Muskoka

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

Ben, thank you.....Had to figure out how to edit a dsf, used x-grinder, removed a line that looked like it was an exclusion, x-grinder back to dsf, fired up XPX, and all the roads and rail are back, and the driveways are there. Once again, thank you.Glen

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!