What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Simmarket Deal of the Day - Taxi2Gate MMMX (FSX)
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- Precision Flight Controls Multi-Engine Throttle/Prop/Mixture Quadrant
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
. . .
Flight Planner for PMDG
Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:11 PM
Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:15 PM
You should have no problem at all loading a flight plan into the NGX. FSBUILD is an exellent flight planner. Did you follow all of the set up steps outlined in the manual as far as the file paths and export preferences?
Please, I need help.I have FSBuild updated to the latest version and I can't load an IFR flight plan into PMDG 737NGX. Is there any flight planner out there that will do the job?Thanks,Tom Hibben
Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:26 PM
This is in reference to the SIDS and STARS. I still build my flight plans from A to B but clearing the SIDS, STARS & Runways boxes, leaving this part for manual entry into the FMC when i know my departure runway after which comes the SID and then the star which you can also do before you take off, if you are not using ATC and just want to fly your own flight. Similar to the Tutorial1.Regards,
I was under the impression that after SP1b, you were not supposed to do this. ??But.. that you can build the plan in the FMC, and then save it for future use.Or to put it another way, you were only supposed to use saved plans made inthe FMC, due to some problems that were occurring with ones from 3rd partyplanning programs. I'm sure others that know will chime in.
Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:28 PM
Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:36 PM
Just to be clear on what is actually happening. When you enter the name of your flight plan you created in FSBUILD into your scratch pad ( like for instance: KSFOKPDX), does the FMC not accept the COROUTE ?
Hi Rick,Thanks for the reply. I did create a plan using the FMC. I am also using REX and the downloaded weather which had rain and a 500ft ceiling. When I got to the runway and asked for T/O clearance it was denied because I wasn't cleared for IFR. I have tried using FSBuild, as you described, but it won't load into PMDG flight plans/NG. It says it downloaded my plan but I don't have a clue where. I guess I could just takeoff and ignore ATC.Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks for the help.Tom Hibben
Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:12 AM
Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:32 PM
Hi Tom. Just a few more questions:1) In the "Options folder", is the path to your PMDG flight plans correct: E:Flight Simulator XPMDGFlight Plans. (E is my drive)2) In the "Settings" tab in Options, is the PMDG737 box checked?3) in this same dialog, did you hit the "SAVE CONFIG OPTIONS" button when finished?4) In the "EXPORT" menu at the top, is PMDG737/747/MD11/J41 (MSFS) checked?Are you familiar with FSBUILD? If not, the mistake i made when first setting up FSBUILD was not exiting it and then restarting it after first time set up.If you've done everything right and it still doesn't work, then Ernie Alston over at the support forum is really helpful.
Hi Rick,That is correct it does not accept it. The plan also does not show in the FSXPMDGFLIGHTPLANSNG file.I have tried several more times with FSBuild and still nothing.Thanks again,Tom Hibben
Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:34 PM
Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:48 PM
I hope that does it for you Tom. (Please let me know some time) Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you too.
Hi Rick,I had done all you suggested EXCEPT check the PMDG 737. For whatever reason I didn't catch the drop down tab. Can I blame it on "old age"?...grinWe must think in the same area as I have also installed to E: FSX..... I have not tried another build yet but I am sure you found the problem.Thanks for you kind support and hope you have a Joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year.Tom Hibben
Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:40 AM
Home: YPPD, in Australia's great northwest
"The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward and wish."
Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:26 AM