Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

That Bronco has arrived!

As the title says. Well before Christmas a rather unique plane arrived in the sim. They state that this should be a very high fidelity turbine engine simulation and that lots of other system details are to be explored.I've just bought it, so no screens as of now, but I think the Aerosoft page will help you guys. The price looks right and if you intend to fly something else after running your airliner, maybe this one is worth a look. :wink:Check the forums to find out about the details. http://forum.aerosof...831#entry345831

Highly realistic modeled Garret T-76 (Honeywell TPE331) engines (we think this is the best representation of turboprops in FS so far

As the title says. Well before Christmas a rather unique plane arrived in the sim. They state that this should be a very high fidelity turbine engine simulation and that lots of other system details are to be explored.I've just bought it, so no screens as of now, but I think the Aerosoft page will help you guys. The price looks right and if you intend to fly something else after running your airliner, maybe this one is worth a look. :wink:Check the forums to find out about the details. http://forum.aerosof...831#entry345831
Looks really nice. Are than any other images that you are aware of?Bob

The shop had some more I think. http://www.aerosoft-...ox/broncox.html I'm only a few minutes away from flying her, so maybe I can help later.Must say that I'm not so much into military planes, with the A2A things forming an exception. So I'm pretty much up to get surprised on this one. Maybe I've just followed thy hype in the preview thread or maybe I will get a well done thing to explore some scenery and mind the systems.Still praising their Katana as the GA plane for me, so even with a different dev involved, I have high hopes for Aerosoft releases.My last military was the Milviz T-38, a bit too fast for closeups on PNW, though thrilling. :(

The shop had some more I think. http://www.aerosoft-...ox/broncox.html I'm only a few minutes away from flying her, so maybe I can help later.Must say that I'm not so much into military planes, with the A2A things forming an exception. So I'm pretty much up to get surprised on this one. Maybe I've just followed thy hype in the preview thread or maybe I will get a well done thing to explore some scenery and mind the systems.Still praising their Katana as the GA plane for me, so even with a different dev involved, I have high hopes for Aerosoft releases.
I will check later. Maybe they just have not yet posted other images. I must say this is a very interesting aircraft. Really does look nice.Bob
The shop had some more I think. http://www.aerosoft-...ox/broncox.html I'm only a few minutes away from flying her, so maybe I can help later.Must say that I'm not so much into military planes, with the A2A things forming an exception. So I'm pretty much up to get surprised on this one. Maybe I've just followed thy hype in the preview thread or maybe I will get a well done thing to explore some scenery and mind the systems.Still praising their Katana as the GA plane for me, so even with a different dev involved, I have high hopes for Aerosoft releases.My last military was the Milviz T-38, a bit too fast for closeups on PNW, though thrilling. :(
I found more. I had selected United States and there was only a couple of images. I selected English/Europe and there were more images.Bob

Ah, so there you go on the images. Funny thing that the location 'unlocks' them.Here are some of the checklist. Looks like the system from the Catalina is close to that, though this one has way more details. Also some panel state setup seems to be there.checkll.th.jpgcheckl2.th.jpgpanelstate.th.jpgFirst wish. A GPS popup. The EZCA folks can skip this wish, but a popup gauge would be easier to operate. As these are the first impressions, it may be that I miss some details.gpsdo.th.jpgOn the engines. The guys running the J41 may already know how tricky the Start Latches can get. This one also uses a geared turbine setup, so we may have to keep that in mind.The windscreens uses some nice effects when looking at light sources (how's that big one up there called?) and the instrument lights look nice too. I have to explore if those come on/off or with some adjustable settings. Edited. It's on off only, but looks nice. Night shots will follow.windscreeno.th.jpgSorry for any instrument mishaps by the way. I've just jumped in and flew, trying to avoid all red and yellow instrument ranges as the engines do model failures. Running KSEA rw weather and she isn't a plane to just let go so far. So we sim pilots may see some higher workload as on the beloved GA planes with the sturdy character.My pilot is looking down intentionally. You are sitting pretty high in that thing (outside view helps judging that one), so I've adjusted EZCA to look down a bit as it saves me from doing so with TrackIR all the time. So expect a real pilot to have an even better view, although it already is great.All the wing and engine stuff is behind you, so your view on scenery is perfect in this twin.The GPS takes a lot of frames here. Without it, I have locked 30 around KSEA, with all GPS details, I'm just above 24. Will test into that later, this is the first FSX start after installing.The sounds are nice, but I haven't explored much. The manuals says that they will work on an advanced sound module in 2012. Should come for free and may point at the startup sounds for examples.Switches and knobs have sound too and as I was setting up EZCA and had the zoomed view on items, I saw that the texture works is well done.A closeup.closeupr.th.jpgThe night.mighti.th.jpgConventional landing lights.lightsd.th.jpg

Very cool checklist. Click an item and it gets checked with voice feedback. Right click sets the state if you like.Seems like my workload on the stick around KSEA was due to the weather. Australia now gives me a very stable and still responsive plane. Yaw Damper is one, but it was before.Unmatched views so far, that huge glass around you and the low instruments offer plenty of room for the eyes. TrackIR highly recommended though.viewyb.th.jpgview2o.th.jpgMy first manual start went fine and the J41 training paid off. No broken starters or blown turbines so far, although the engine failures are on. I'm a bit lost when it comes to reference speeds and such. Which flaps for TO? Must read the manual some more I guess, but my guesstimates worked so far and the appendix A offers a nice pattern overview with some help.I'd say this one is turning even faster than my Spitfire. No problem with some Gs on the frame too.No stall warning on this bird. Don't ask me how I've found out. LOL.gif

Thanks for posting the review and the images, CoolP. The J41 is one of my favourites, and I quite enjoy flying it (without breaking anything!), so the Bronco is a must-buy for me--especially so at US $30. :(

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Thanks. Hoping it helps some folks deciding.That geared turbine stuff once again stresses to slow down first, then descend. Still training on the landings and it's quite easy to come in way too fast, although I'm landing with flaps zero so far. The manual states zero or 'TO' (which is '1/2' on the gauge I guess), so I will try the other setting now.The throttle warning for 'no gear!' comes pretty soon, so you are not able to pull back much without getting the tone.No fps trouble with the GPS on my second FSX start, now flying around Australia. So maybe the heavy KSEA area contributed a bit to it.You can get some nice IAS out of her on normal cruise settings. I saw 200 kts with the power levers below the green range and the rpm at cruise, so there's more to come. I have the default payload and fuel fuel, so that's not too shabby as you can also pull some Gs if needed. Fast and agile plus a great view. Nice combo!Edited. 230 kts aren't a problem at 4000ft and some 22C.speedu.th.jpgI would love to see Bernt Stolle commenting on the turbine model by the way. So, Bernt, get her now! LOL.gif

Really tempted to spend more money I don't have, and you aren't helping Mr Cool! :Whistle:Thanks for the teasers though, we'll see how long the will power holds out.

- Aaron

Haha, tough thing these days, I hear you.I should mention a nice effect of that thing. The instrument needle shacking which is advertised really happens and adds a subtle part to the atmosphere. Strange how one can get used to see static ones. Some later releases from Aerosoft also showed that feature of course.My wishlist gets expanded though. So we have the GPS popup, the 'new' landing lights and maybe some rain effects on that huge glass part. Some of these may stay wishes only, but I think they would enhance the impression some more. However, frames and optics are great and flying her is too. So we're complaining on a very high level.My former GA or scenery explorer planes did not give me that fast package so far. I have the T Duke or the DA Cheyenne, but those are IFR birds for me. So for the folks looking for some turbine 200+ kts and still a VFR character, this one seems to be it.

CooIP, thanks. So are you having fun, that is the question.Bob

Indeed, yes. I did hold back on some later GA releases, but I think the Bronco has found its very own niche and fills it nicely. As she doesn't come with a money back policy, one should make up his mind before spending the money though. But a very reasonable price on this one so far.Despite the unique character, I think the speed of the thing may be a trigger for some VFR lovers. I have a ton of very nice VFR planes, but I sometimes find myself wishing for more IAS.Edited. Found the stall warning! Should have kept my ears clear. It isn't very loud, but it's there.On the sounds, expect some stuff like on the J41 (which is Garret too), not that sonorous hum of the Duke.

looks like it has great visibility which is very nice. The higher cruise speed is indeed a plus. I am also waiting for Carenado's new release of the JetProp, which also has a nice cruise speed.I thought for sure it would be out for the Holidays, but I guess they are still fine tuning.Bob