Hello everyone,ASE users are invited to try our SP4 beta B695 update (at your own risk).

Revision Log:

Service Pack 4 (B695):

- Improved performance of DWC write for better wind control.

- Fixed problem with hurricane data causing crashing (NullReferenceException) in some cases, when located within the hurricane area

- Fixed some cloud and visibility depiction issues with hurricanes when using DWC mode

- Increased speed of DWC write for quicker wind, visibility, pressure and temperature smoothing changes, which should avoid “lagging” ambient conditions when making quick descents to landing.

- Fixed problem with occasional SimConnect Exception errors in DWC mode.

- Improved surface wind interpolation in low-density areas.

- Improved surface temperature interpolation in low-density areas.

- Updated VATSIM status server URL, re-enabling VATSIM injected METARs for Departure and Destination.

- Fixed problem with Flight Plan import causing a “file lock” on a .PLN file.

- Fixed problem with Wx Config “PARSE” function which would fail to properly parse wind and cloud layers in some situations.

- Fixed problem with invalid baro filter routine in FS9 which could cause unflyably low or high pressure when invalid pressure data is supplied in METAR data

- Added temperature decoding filtering to ensure that invalid values are not depicted

- Fixed problem where entering lowercase letters in the Wx-Report screen could result in invalid interpolation details displayed when the Interpolation button is pressed

- Fixed problem where Rain/Snow may not properly depict in FS9 at high-altitude airports with high nimbus cloud layers

- Fixed problem with isolated intermittent failure of activation system occasionally causing unnecessary re-activations

- Fixed problem with Suppress on Ground option not properly suppressing updates on the ground in some cases

- Fixed problem with manual visibility set to 0SM resulting in graphical issues in some cases

- Fixed problem with FS9 visibility anomaly in some areas where lower visibility altitude was slightly above the surface, causing a visible line in the surrounding terrain

To download this update: http://dreamcatcher....te_SP4_B695.zip

Please provide bug reports and feedback regarding this beta at our support department:

http://support.hifitechinc.com

Thank you!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I will download as soon as "beta SP4" will become "SP4" xDis this the last update for ASE? because AS2012 came out...

Hi Giorgio,While we have no more planned enhancements/new features for ASE, we will continue to support it and create updates as required to address new bugs/issues found, compatibility issues that crop up with new add-on software, etc. There very well may be an SP5.

Damian Clark

Hi Giorgio,While we have no more planned enhancements/new features for ASE, we will continue to support it and create updates as required to address new bugs/issues found, compatibility issues that crop up with new add-on software, etc. There very well may be an SP5.
The 655 Beta is working very nicely by the way...DJ

The 655 Beta is working very nicely by the way...DJ
I can confirm that - got the beta a month ago by Damian after some trouble. thats what I call costumer support!

ldsigcr2.jpg

Thankyou Damian for the clarification. Will get the update as soon as i come back home!

I have to agree, build 655 has depicted the best overcast clouds I have ever had with ASE. Very nice job.Bob

Hi I am just about to download and install the sp. is it wise to make a note of all my settings or will they be preserved. Thanks.Graham

Hi I am just about to download and install the sp. is it wise to make a note of all my settings or will they be preserved. Thanks.Graham
It never hurts to make a note, but as I recall they are preserved.DJ

Can B655 still be considered as "beta" or is it the final SP4 ?Working very nice, btw...Chris

We will probably have one more build to test out before we make SP4 final.... We're working on some changes right now...

Damian Clark

Not sure if this is correlated to SP4 B655 at all, since I downloaded it a few months ago. But I'm just curious, over the past 3-4 weeks, I've noticed my FS2004 altimeter is always 0.01 to 0.08" off from what ASE depicts using real or VATSIM weather (and freeware FSUIPC). Wind direction is usually 15-20 degrees off too (I understand it is supposed to fluctuate, but it seems to just stick at 15-20 degrees off the METAR), but speed seems OK.I can open a ticket on the official support channels if anyone else seems to experience this; otherwise, I'll just live with it.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi,Wind directions: sounds like magnetic variation. Reported data in Active Sky is given in TRUE directions while things in FS are going to be given in MAGNETIC. If you've already accounted for that, there may be a problem, in which case a ticket would be in order so we can investigate the details.Small variations in barometric pressure are normal for several reasons including interpolation, smoothing, dynamics and number rounding throughout the different elements such as: the source data, server collection and distribution, client-end processing, synthesis, injection, Simconnect processing, FSX depiction and internal FSX interpolation. Same is true for many other weather elements. In short, slight variation is normal. If you do find a specific issue here that you can document as a bug, have further questions, or would like us to review a specific situation please open a ticket and we'll check it out (please include logs). Thank you!

Damian Clark

Not sure if this is correlated to SP4 B655 at all, since I downloaded it a few months ago. But I'm just curious, over the past 3-4 weeks, I've noticed my FS2004 altimeter is always 0.01 to 0.08" off from what ASE depicts using real or VATSIM weather (and freeware FSUIPC). Wind direction is usually 15-20 degrees off too (I understand it is supposed to fluctuate, but it seems to just stick at 15-20 degrees off the METAR), but speed seems OK.

I can open a ticket on the official support channels if anyone else seems to experience this; otherwise, I'll just live with it.

I've noticed that as well.

Cheers, SLuggy