Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

Your new color choices

I understand and applaud (mostly) your upgrades to the website and forums, but I have to say, the color choices you and the staff have currently put in place for forum and topic headlines are just terrible, IMHO. The lighter brighter colors are hard on older eyes and almost glare and vibrate. In general, I think darker colors work best, but please do not consider reds for anything other than emergency notifications. Again, just my (very) humble opinion.

I agree. I couldn't see anything wrong with what it used to be like. It also looks terrible on my iPhone.

Gavin Price

I will step in on this one too. The colors are very displeasing to the eye. I did prefer it before the change, but perhaps you could just tone the colors down a bitGeneral Discussions Forum The Microsoft Flight Forum PMDG 737NGX Hangar Chat I think something like that is a little more aesthetically pleasing, however I still prefer the old way. (yeah I'm the guy that said yesterday that I usually love change) lol

Noah Bryant

I hate to be that long time user that complains about a change, but I agree with the colors not being ideal. I usually use the "View New Content" button and I find the colors are drawing my eye to the forum name rather than a simple browse of the actual forum topics. Maybe I will get use to it but right now it takes extra "effort".

I liked the colours! They were perhaps a bit too bright, but otherwise pleasing. The types of colours and variations thereof that Noah put in his post above this one would look good.Kind regards,

Aaaah Tom, me boy. All of this reminds me of the time my blessed Aunt Nellie, God rest her soul, put about to baking a cherry pie. T'was in the midst of a grand holiday, you see and the womenfolk were all together in the kitchen, saints that they were, fuss'n about an creat'n smells that would have driven us men all to drink - if we hadn't all been there already - so to speak. About the time the cherries and sugar were kissin an the flour was mak'n its acquaintance with the short'n, several of the ladies allowed as how, it be'in such a special day an all, some extra ingredients might be called for. All suggestions were honored, every opinion embraced - mighty indeed were the preparations and mightier still was the finished product!One thing led to another and - long story short - the pie that was birth'd that day was a wonder to behold and graced our family's table in glorious fashion indeed! Though some of us savoured the notion of a bite of Nellie's treasured cherry pie - t'was not to be. For, you see, this masterpiece was birthed by committee and remains to this day fodder for much family surmise and discussion - a beauty birthed by the ladies, sampled by the menfolk - and finished by the dogs, with much gusto, I might add!Best laid plans, my friend - best laid plans. Not to worry, though - your spirit remains unbroken, I know. On to the next idea and grand experiment!(for what it's worth - I still liked the idea of the colors!)

Gee, I usually don't find that many advocates for my position even in my own VA.

-1 Dan. Shame really as I liked the colours. They made a bland presentation cheerful and bright. The brightest and most cheery of the group that I regularly visit.Rick

Aaaah Tom, me boy. All of this reminds me of the time my blessed Aunt Nellie, God rest her soul, put about to baking a cherry pie. T'was in the midst of a grand holiday, you see and the womenfolk were all together in the kitchen, saints that they were, fuss'n about an creat'n smells that would have driven us men all to drink - if we hadn't all been there already - so to speak.
Thanks for sharing the humourous anecdote. Whether there's any truth to the story is irrelevant, it's the genuine brogue in the tale that's the gem! You have a very nice story-telling voice sir! :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guys, did you see he added new Smileys??? I really like them! Thanks Tom! :drinks:(They're drinking water, btw.)
Ah... I wanted to be the first to use the beer buddies smiley!You were super fast in seeing the addition. Good job. I would have gotten around to announcing the additions at some point in the future... :Pig:

Ah... I wanted to be the first to use the beer buddies smiley!You were super fast in seeing the addition. Good job. I would have gotten around to announcing the additions at some point in the future... :Pig:
Sorry about that!I like to use the Smileys to represent my expression on my posts. ^_^