What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- Dell U2312HM 23" Monitor
. . .
Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?
Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:25 AM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:09 AM
Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:15 PM
Ryan and Rob spent so much time trying to teach me how to use the FMC, that I always felt that I would be doing them a disservice if I flew anything else. I do have the NGX and have puttered around the circuits a couple of times (when I could start the thing), but I have to tell you, I graduated from the Queen to the OV-10 Bronco and am loving it! Seriously... I fly the 744 and 748 most of all and usually everytime I fire up FSX.
I am still flying the B748 too - won't be getting the NGX until the ER versions.
Publisher - AVSIM Online
See My Blog - Tom's Blog
AVSIM Facebook: www.facebook.com/avsim
AOPA Member # 09052186
Join the 2015 AVSIM Round the World Race Team today!
Would you like your own AVSIM Blog? Simple! Enter the BLOG system and create yours today!
Countries Called Home By AVSIM Staff (click on the flag for more information about the country):
Canada | Bulgaria | United Kingdom | Australia | Ireland | India | Egypt
Thailand | Grenada | Hungary | Colombia | Netherlands | France | U.S.A.
Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:02 PM
Yap MD-11 is in my hearth too the best plane I flown before 737 ngx I could even flew the real md-11 too :))
I used to fly it all the time but as you know, we all move on a bit and love to fly the latest stuff and make comparisons. The queen is so damn easy to fly IMO and because of this, It's nice to fly others but the only one that is close to my heart is the fabulous MD-11. It has a different characturistic to all the others.It was the ITVV DVD of the Ruud Bakker and Robert Lenz as FO that did it for me as before I didn't really like the look of the MD at all. I totally reccomend that for inspiring flying. Happy New Year to everyone.
Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:32 AM
Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747.
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.
Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:32 AM
Benjamin van Soldt
AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Disclaimer: all views expressed in this post are my views only, and not Avsim's views as an organization, nor of its staff or otherwise affiliated personnel.