Sign in to follow this  
pampiermole

Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?

I started a flight in my good old 747. I have not done that for over a year. The graphics of the NGX are outstanding, so I thought (with the NGX in mind) that the Queen would look terrible to me (like you play a videogame from the 90s). So I started the sim and I was surprised that she looked allright. She wasn't too bad anyway. Maybe the flightdeck of the md11 looks worse. How many of you are still flying the Queen? Do you still like here?

I used to fly it all the time but as you know, we all move on a bit and love to fly the latest stuff and make comparisons. The queen is so damn easy to fly IMO and because of this, It's nice to fly others but the only one that is close to my heart is the fabulous MD-11. It has a different characturistic to all the others.It was the ITVV DVD of the Ruud Bakker and Robert Lenz as FO that did it for me as before I didn't really like the look of the MD at all. I totally reccomend that for inspiring flying. Happy New Year to everyone.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I used to fly the Queen all the time, but when the NGX got released that was it, over, done with it. I can't touch it, the NGX is just too much better!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm flying it every day and now I just took off from LHBP going to KLAX. I love this airplane.PS. Merry Christmas to all russians and other who celibrates now. DS

Edited by hasse29

I am still flying the B748 too - won't be getting the NGX until the ER versions.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

I am still flying the B748 too - won't be getting the NGX until the ER versions.
Ryan and Rob spent so much time trying to teach me how to use the FMC, that I always felt that I would be doing them a disservice if I flew anything else. I do have the NGX and have puttered around the circuits a couple of times (when I could start the thing), but I have to tell you, I graduated from the Queen to the OV-10 Bronco and am loving it! :( Seriously... I fly the 744 and 748 most of all and usually everytime I fire up FSX.

I used to fly it all the time but as you know, we all move on a bit and love to fly the latest stuff and make comparisons. The queen is so damn easy to fly IMO and because of this, It's nice to fly others but the only one that is close to my heart is the fabulous MD-11. It has a different characturistic to all the others.It was the ITVV DVD of the Ruud Bakker and Robert Lenz as FO that did it for me as before I didn't really like the look of the MD at all. I totally reccomend that for inspiring flying. Happy New Year to everyone.
Yap MD-11 is in my hearth too the best plane I flown before 737 ngx I could even flew the real md-11 too :))

I am still flying her regularly, absolutely beautiful aircraft and fantastic to simulate real world ops!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Sorry to disagree,but I prefer the MD-11.Maybe there was too much cold-turkey going from the NGX to 747 :(

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I bought the 748i., loved the sounds and external model,but trying to fly it with TrackIR is too much.Try the tutorial flight on the MD-11 and it might get you started again.I admit I hadn't flown it in a few years,but I've fallen in love with it again now. (cross between Airbus and Boeing systems), and let's face it, the NGX and 747 systems have too much comonality in systems.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Haven't touched the 747-8i once the NGX came out. Kind of miss it. Maybe I should do a flight with it one of these days.

I still fly the Queen. Although the graphics have already been overcome by many aircraft, I consider it a nice plane to be flown.

Edited by Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I rarely fly the queen now. Used to fly her everywhere, but ever since I got the Airbus X working correctly, and I bought the PMDG 737NGX, those are the planes I fly most, closely followed by the Leonardo Maddog. However, now that my interest in the 747-8F has been renewed after seeing the real one taking off, I'll probably start flying that one more often for Cargolux around Europe and the USA, and around Asia. although at the moment I prefer the MD-11 because of its different systems. I find it more fun to fly (funny, eh? It's only a few months ago that I hated every aspect of the MD-11 systems).

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case