Sign in to follow this  
pampiermole

Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?

I flew a 744 flight last night for the first time since I bought the NGX.

She is getting a little old on the eyes inside, but the feeling of space inside the flight deck and the fact I'm flying a huge jet makes up for it until the T7 comes out.

Today I'm planning a KJFK EGLL flight, just need to wait for the daily NATS to reverse and show eastbound routes. B)

The Concorde got me interested in planes, but it's the Queen that got me and still keeps me interested in Aviation as a whole. It is a beauty to watch her land or leave the runway as she launches on a long journey. I haven't flown the CS75 or the LD76 in a long time, but I keep going back to the Queen every once in a while. The A380 might've replaced it as the largest passenger carrier, but I don't think she has left many ppl's heart who were/are fascinated by her.

And with PMDG doing such a fine job of the acft, I don't think she will ever leave my sim or I stop using it.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

NGX made me retire my LDS767, though the MD11 and 747 still get a run during Cross the Pond on Vatsim. When the 777 comes out I forsee my MD11 getting less - or even no - workouts.

The 747 though... Will stay in the fleet till replaced by 747 version 2. WorldFlight is still a thing I sometimes attend ( www.worldflight.com.au ) and having at least systems knowledge of the 744 is something that's important. The ability to make videos with outside shots is also a factor.

Once all the known projects are out (777 and 744v2) then my fleet would probably end up with a retired MD11 and the 744v2 replacing 747X, so the fleet would be:

Realair C172 & BE60 (with RXP GNS530/430)

PMDG JS4100

MadDog MD82

PMDG NGX

PMDG 777

PMDG 744Xv2

And if Multicrew becomes available on the NGX or other jets, then the MD82 might get retired too.

Trent Hopkinson

Things the NGX does better;

the VC - no question

VNAV descent

loading panel states from the FMC

what the 747X does better

clearly visible crosshairs on the FD

better, bigger and easier to read instruments in 2D mode

MCP AP/LNAV/VNAV/AT buttons light up better

full animations in replay (incl spoliers and reverse thrust)

which is why I still fly the 747X as much as the NGX (much as I am blown away by it). Besides nothing looks better from the tower than a 747 on climb out stowing its gear away..

Gerry

I fly it like any other aircraft i have. Great fun!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Am in the process of clearing my hangar from a bedroom to a new shed. The bedroom revamp has demanded 1st priority but flew the 744x briefly yesterday. Sadly, not enough time to complete the flight, boo-hoo! Still makes me work up a sweat, but have lost my VC and can't seem to get it back.

Wish I was 20 years younger

I fly all of them, the 747-400, 747-8i, MD-11 and NGX.

All of them are wonderful aircrafts and I use them depending on the flight leg I am doing.

Right now I am crossing the pond from LFPG to KATL in a Delta 747-8i.

Beautiful aircraft and route.

Actually, I flew the NGX so much I got tired of it for a bit and now I am flying heavies (747-400/8i and MD-11).

Will go back to it soon..

Regards!

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello 747 simmers, I changed from Queen to NGX and experienced a problem: all engines running, hoever the outer ailerons are hanging down and dont go into zero position. One can fly the 744 with this strange "defect", since these down-ailerons seem to have no effect on flight dynamics. Someone has the same problem. Windows 7 32bit, FSX.

Thanks LOWW

I enjoyed on FS9 a lot but now on FSX it's too much frame hog so I mostly fly MD11 and of course NGX, I miss it.

Mattsee: Have you enable advanced animations? If so, and the issue still exists, perhaps you should consider creating your own thread, as the current thread is irrelevant to your issue.

I still fly the 744X as it was the first PMDG aircraft I bought over a year ago. I've actually been starting to fly it more often again and is still my favourite long-haul aircraft, I completed a flight from YBBN to KLAX over the weekend and LOVED IT! I think the 744X and NGX really complement each other well due to the commonality of systems making it easier to learn both simultaneously as well as one being primarily used for long haul and the other for short to medium routes.

The VC and textures may look a bit dated compared to the NGX but the systems depth is still there and I think that's ultimately what matters the most. It's also a lot easier on the FPS than the NGX.

Well, I have only just purchased the Queen.  As strange as it sounds, I've flown nothing other than the DEFAULT planes (heavily modified by my own XML coding, to be as realistic as I could get them given my "limited" coding skills) and have actually thoroughly enjoyed the default planes since FSX was first sold.  But, I figured it was time to move on, and move up to the next level.  I've purchased both the Queen and the NGX, as well as Aerosoft's Airbus X Extended.

The Airbus is awesome.  Loving that.  And I've only just now begun to "dive in" a bit more deeper in to the Queen and her systems.  Considering the FSX default 747, the Queen is magnificent.  Sure the NGX graphics are better (although I haven't really flown the NGX yet, preferring instead to stick to learning one plane at a time), but, again, comparing to the default 747, the Queen's graphics are pretty darn good. 

So, right now, yes, I am still flying the Queen ... although, hehehe, I've really only just begun ...

Regards,

Freddy