•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 VIPERGTSR01

VIPERGTSR01

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 9 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to world of complex addons, congrats on the step up Freddy.

Jay Vorkapic

Posted Image

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#47 FlyBoyMikey

FlyBoyMikey

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Joined 3 Years and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well, I have only just purchased the Queen. As strange as it sounds, I've flown nothing other than the DEFAULT planes

Welcome to the 'big boys' club :wink:

I too started out flying only default planes including the 744 and freeware Posky 777's with VC. Once you go to the super sims and start to get the hang of them you'll never turn back.

Also, once you get to know your way around the Queen I highly recommend looking into their 777. It's probably one of the most detailed and incredible aircraft ever released for FSX. But you probably already have enough aircraft to keep you quite busy for now!

Michael R

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

#48 freddy_

freddy_

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 6 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys.  I didn't mention in my earlier post that I've been fortunate enough over time to get plenty of hours in a few real simulators ... both static and full-motion.  I've done plenty of chart reading, overhead switch flicking, and CDU programming in my time already.  Not to mention the countless challenging low-visibility, cross-wind, VNAV approaches that I've performed (and most of those were hand-flown). So the "step up" to the complex add-ons, as it were, isn't really all that challenging for me.  But I digress.  Yes, I might have a look at the 777 a bit later on.  But, for now, three new planes is enough.  My aim was to initially "replace" the FSX default A321, 737, and 747 planes with three of the "same". With the aircraft I purchased, I think that goal has been achieved.  But, yes, maybe I'll add the 777 to the fleet later.  For now, it's still early days for me with the Queen (and the other two planes).