Welcome to world of complex addons, congrats on the step up Freddy.
What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Mega sims sale
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Rex 4direct
- Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
- WTB EVGA GTX780
- I've Logitech G27 mint condition Swap.
- For Sale
. . .
Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?
Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:24 PM
Well, I have only just purchased the Queen. As strange as it sounds, I've flown nothing other than the DEFAULT planes
Welcome to the 'big boys' club
I too started out flying only default planes including the 744 and freeware Posky 777's with VC. Once you go to the super sims and start to get the hang of them you'll never turn back.
Also, once you get to know your way around the Queen I highly recommend looking into their 777. It's probably one of the most detailed and incredible aircraft ever released for FSX. But you probably already have enough aircraft to keep you quite busy for now!
Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't mention in my earlier post that I've been fortunate enough over time to get plenty of hours in a few real simulators ... both static and full-motion. I've done plenty of chart reading, overhead switch flicking, and CDU programming in my time already. Not to mention the countless challenging low-visibility, cross-wind, VNAV approaches that I've performed (and most of those were hand-flown). So the "step up" to the complex add-ons, as it were, isn't really all that challenging for me. But I digress. Yes, I might have a look at the 777 a bit later on. But, for now, three new planes is enough. My aim was to initially "replace" the FSX default A321, 737, and 747 planes with three of the "same". With the aircraft I purchased, I think that goal has been achieved. But, yes, maybe I'll add the 777 to the fleet later. For now, it's still early days for me with the Queen (and the other two planes).