Welcome to world of complex addons, congrats on the step up Freddy.
What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (Ver. 2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FlightSystems Spring Promo, Free Payware!
- Aerosoft Discounts at SimPlanet
- Iris Simulations discount on FSS
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- Taxi2Gate MMMX Mexico City for FSX 30% off at Simmarket
- Chillblast and Matt Davies announce new line of FSX PCs
- FSiPanel July 4th $15 OFF
- Wing Creation Airports 25% off at simMarket
- REX 50% off Sale
- LLH Simulations -25%
- Galaxy GTX 780 for sale
- "Shaker" pair for sale (Transducer and Amplifier)
- Selling My 737 Gear :(
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System With Rudder Pedals
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- Track IR 5
- Dell/Alienware M14 (Late 2013 model)
- VRInsight V737 Overhead
. . .
Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?
Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:24 PM
Well, I have only just purchased the Queen. As strange as it sounds, I've flown nothing other than the DEFAULT planes
Welcome to the 'big boys' club
I too started out flying only default planes including the 744 and freeware Posky 777's with VC. Once you go to the super sims and start to get the hang of them you'll never turn back.
Also, once you get to know your way around the Queen I highly recommend looking into their 777. It's probably one of the most detailed and incredible aircraft ever released for FSX. But you probably already have enough aircraft to keep you quite busy for now!
Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't mention in my earlier post that I've been fortunate enough over time to get plenty of hours in a few real simulators ... both static and full-motion. I've done plenty of chart reading, overhead switch flicking, and CDU programming in my time already. Not to mention the countless challenging low-visibility, cross-wind, VNAV approaches that I've performed (and most of those were hand-flown). So the "step up" to the complex add-ons, as it were, isn't really all that challenging for me. But I digress. Yes, I might have a look at the 777 a bit later on. But, for now, three new planes is enough. My aim was to initially "replace" the FSX default A321, 737, and 747 planes with three of the "same". With the aircraft I purchased, I think that goal has been achieved. But, yes, maybe I'll add the 777 to the fleet later. For now, it's still early days for me with the Queen (and the other two planes).