Welcome to world of complex addons, congrats on the step up Freddy.
What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Steam Sale FSX + DCS
- FSX: SE on sale... 80% off
- FSX Steam edition is 80% off At the moment
- FSX on Steam back to £3.99 for the weekend
- Thai Creations -50%
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Flash Sales PCAviator.com.au (AU store only)
- Tiger Moth for £4.49 at justflight.com until end of Sunday
- Razbam planes reduced 50% at justflight.com until 7th April
- FS2Crew 25 Percent off Spring Sale: Coupon Code: SPRING2015
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
- For Sale Embraer E-Jets v.2 Embraer 175 and 195 with SP2
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- EVGA Titan GTX for sale
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
. . .
Anyone still flying the 747? You still like it?
Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:24 PM
Well, I have only just purchased the Queen. As strange as it sounds, I've flown nothing other than the DEFAULT planes
Welcome to the 'big boys' club
I too started out flying only default planes including the 744 and freeware Posky 777's with VC. Once you go to the super sims and start to get the hang of them you'll never turn back.
Also, once you get to know your way around the Queen I highly recommend looking into their 777. It's probably one of the most detailed and incredible aircraft ever released for FSX. But you probably already have enough aircraft to keep you quite busy for now!
Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't mention in my earlier post that I've been fortunate enough over time to get plenty of hours in a few real simulators ... both static and full-motion. I've done plenty of chart reading, overhead switch flicking, and CDU programming in my time already. Not to mention the countless challenging low-visibility, cross-wind, VNAV approaches that I've performed (and most of those were hand-flown). So the "step up" to the complex add-ons, as it were, isn't really all that challenging for me. But I digress. Yes, I might have a look at the 777 a bit later on. But, for now, three new planes is enough. My aim was to initially "replace" the FSX default A321, 737, and 747 planes with three of the "same". With the aircraft I purchased, I think that goal has been achieved. But, yes, maybe I'll add the 777 to the fleet later. For now, it's still early days for me with the Queen (and the other two planes).