Sign in to follow this  
nicobecker37

Help needed: No sound (only engine)

Hi all,I recently purchased a new PC, installed FSX and 737NGx and all updates + add ons EZCA and REX 2.0. Everything runs well. Now I realized that I dont have any sound in the cockpit. I can hear the engine sound but thats all. I dont hear any alarms, no clicking sound when pressing buttons, no speed call outs etc. Whats happening here? Any advise? Should I re-install NGX? Thanks.Nic

I have had a similar issue before. Try going into the FSX Sound setting and changing the Windows sound devices to see if that helps. I need to have mine set to "Default Primary Device" in order to hear all the sounds rather than the other options. Hope this helps.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What's your sound setting in the FMC at? Maybe it's just so quiet that you can't hear it...Also have you tried to turn the sim's sound off and on again? That often help me if I have sound problems.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

As far as I know FSX can handle more than 2 speakers. For example in Realtek HD (standard audio hardware today) control panel you can set quadrophonic or 5.1 setup and then engines will be heard from rear speakers. But if you have only 2 speakers connected to the plug that plays rear channels and have quadrophonic or 5.1 settings, then I suspect you will only hear engines.Best regards.

Just to mention, in cases like this where it just all of a sudden works, it can be both a windows hiccup or auto updates. This is one of a million reasons I never have auto updates on and choose my own. Windows tends to think it finds a better driver and installs it. Most of the time that doesn't cause harm (although it can), but if others find your sound settings device has changed on you, then chances are Windows installed a new driver on its own. Like with Mike and his need to have "Default Primary Device" selected, some of us are the opposite, so if Windows does this, and installs a driver on its own, people may notice no sound anymore, or changes in how they hear sounds. If FSX detects a new driver it will normally set this back to Default.Just wanted to point that out since it's quite common, even if it doesn't pertain to the OP.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Also, I've experienced lack of sounds before and a "fix" that I've had success with is tapping the "q" button twice... Turns all sounds off then back on

i have the very same problem but cant fix it:( tried all of the above solutions even tried reinstalling but no luck:(

I have the same problem.  No callouts during my decents, also no bells during tests.