Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

SDK status (again)?

I'm starting to think that perhaps the reason for PMDG's silence is that the release of the SDK is somehow tied to upcoming news with Microsoft flight and hence the possible reason that they cannot respond.
No offense, but I highly doubt that. The NGX was developed for FSX. Why would Flight have anything to do with it?

Kyle Rodgers

That would make sense to wait until the NGX is completely fine tuned. Maybe even as long as SP2 takes to come out.Yall have fun with your I-Flys now. Hasta La Vista! :(
I may recall wrong but at the end of November PMDG stated that the SDK would have been available within days/week as soon as lawyer bill would have been paid blum.gif

I may recall wrong but at the end of November PMDG stated that the SDK would have been available within days/week as soon as lawyer bill would have been paid blum.gif
November 8th Mark!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

i can't fly the NGX without an FO eitherwaiting to bring it back out until the SDK is out..in the meantime, it's the J41 with FS2Crew.it spoiled me

No offense, but I highly doubt that. The NGX was developed for FSX. Why would Flight have anything to do with it?
Kyle, Is it inconceivable to think that PMDG would have cross developed the NGX to be compatible with Microsoft flight? Maybe it is? I know nothing about software development or how different coding would be etc.. But since it was just released a few months ago, wouldn't Pmdg want to sell their product for more than just a few months before it gets outdated by a newer platform? One would have to think that as the premier fs developer that they might be in close contact with the ms flight developers. Who's going to want to jump into ms flight if they can't take immediate advantage of a high fidelity payware plane?

Is it inconceivable to think that PMDG would have cross developed the NGX to be compatible with Microsoft flight? Maybe it is?
Inconceivable (insert Princess Bride reference here)? No.Far fetched? Yes.Note the MD-11 was co-developed on two streams: an FS9 stream and an FSX stream, and that was possible because both simulations had come to fruition, and the product was on the market.Now, Robert has given some indication that PMDG knows some about MS Flight by making references to an NDA, but there have also been comments that the questions people were asking about NGX compatibility with MS Flight were a bit unreasonable, as MS Flight isn't even a finished product.In the land of development, code can be made easier to adapt for future change, but people hardly code for forward compatibility. Those creating the next generation generally program in reverse compatibility (e.g. Games that worked on Win 95 still work on my Win 7 machine).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Guys, if you would read posts from PMDG you will know that SDK will be available after NGX will be finished completely.
Could you give us a link to PMDG posts stating that? I have never read that, the latest explanation by PMDG on the SDK delay was tied to legal issues, the SDK itself was finished! Edited by jgoggi

James Goggi

no plane needs Fs2crew more than than the NGX =) They would work together so well I think.

Let's put in this way, if the SDK is released NGX sold copies will take off again ( FS2Crew ) , above all considering that Flight is a pure arcade toy.

Edited by Mark II

As RSR said back a month or so ago, there is a serious legal issue preventing the release. This is not a lie, the SDK has been done since November and I have the actual zip file sitting right here on my desktop - it contains a PDF explaining how to use it as well as example C++ code and a header file that contains all the functions for accessing the panel.Our attorneys have not given us the ok to release it as there are still liability concerns. The issues in question need to be resolved before we can and that is proving difficult. This has nothing to do with MS Flight or any deal with anyone.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com