The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
Prepar3D version 2.0?
Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:39 AM
Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:58 PM
Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:56 PM
After todays pathentic Flight announcement I'm going to subscribe to P3D. I'd been holding off since I thought Flight would actually be a worthly successor to FSX but its apparent now that is not the case.You mention you cant share all features but there must be some details you can share, what is the 'engine update' you talk about?
Sorry, can't share all of the features for v2.0 upgrade just yet until it is firmer. It will have some additions to the engine update, but just not sure what will get in.
Edited by MatthewS, 04 January 2012 - 02:58 PM.
Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info John.I appreciate you cannot share details, but please remember posting for us AVSIM folk when you can release more info!If my hunch is correct, v2 will be the version that makes me jump ship to P3D.looking forward to hearing more........Glenn
Hi Glenn,$9.95 sub will be the base price for the developer network regardless of the current version of Prepar3D. Subscribers will always have access to the latest version. Sorry, can't share all of the features for v2.0 upgrade just yet until it is firmer. It will have some additions to the engine update, but just not sure what will get in.JohnPrepar3D
Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:33 PM
We are looking at upgrading from DX9 to DX11.
You mention you cant share all features but there must be some details you can share, what is the 'engine update' you talk about?
Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:42 PM
System Specs: I7 X980 Extreme Processor - Prolimatech Meghalem Heatsink with 2 Thermalright Fans - Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard - EVGA Titan Signature Series 6GB - 24GB Corsair DDR3 Memory 2000MHz - 2 Intel Solid State Drives (40GB Windows 7 64 bit OS & 160GB P3D) - 2 10,000 RPM SATA Hard Drives - Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS - 1 Plextor Blueray Disc (PX310SA) - 1 Plextor DVD/DL Disc (PX-806SA) - Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250 Watt Power Supply - Antec 1200 Case - 3 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors (5760x1200x32) (5760x1200x32)
Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:45 PM
Edited by graham3278, 04 January 2012 - 04:08 PM.
Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:07 PM
Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:15 PM
Edited by Glenn Harrall, 04 January 2012 - 07:16 PM.
Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:20 PM
Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:15 AM
Please visit my screenshot gallery, a collection of all my screenshots in FSX from 2008 to today. http://www.flickr.co...086619@N04/sets
My ongoing diaries with commentary and screenshots of complete FSX flights in the Avsim Screenshots Forum: http://forum.avsim.n...ums/ngxdiaries/
Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:46 AM
Live Video Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/aystertv
Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:10 AM
Hi, this is a known problem that has been fixed and will be in the next update. Just affects add-ons that add menu items and only when P3D exits. Developers have been kicked and beaten appropriately.John
I do now get an error when exiting P3D after installing the latest FSUIPC (will ask on Pete's forum about that sometime as its not a big deal for me)