Sign in to follow this  
CPT.KRISTIAN

Create/Edit landclass

Hi is there a WYSIWYG program to Edit and create landclass for fsx? And is there a Good tutorial for landclasses in sbuilderx.Thanks.

I take it you don't like SBX or are having problems? In general SBX ofers two approaches, you either use the landclass tool and click on LOD13 corners to place landclass as you go, or load a "map" bitmap file that is colored so that a given color will have one, two, or three landclasses assigned (randomly).scott s..

If you would only take the time to read the tutorials and the SBuilderX Help file, you would find the answers to all your questions and a lot more. I wrote all those documents specifically to help people like you and it is a shame that you are not taking advantage of them.Best regards.Luis

Hahaha sorry Luiz i was not knowing that you is really the best and really sorry for not reading them can you please send me them Now and thanks again Man:D

OK good i being to get the right way. But now i want to ask how can i make a own landclass texture and add it to the sim scenery And is there a way too do your own building and make it to autogen.Thanks

OK good i being to get the right way. But now i want to ask how can i make a own landclass texture and add it to the sim scenery And is there a way too do your own building and make it to autogen.Thanks
I have seen objects added to the autogen list, but I know it is complicated, need to read thru the SDK thoroughly.

Best, Michael

KDFW

It is not difficult to add one's own ground textures to a project. FS will always search the local scenery folder first before the default folders. So, simply make replacement ground textures, give them the same file names as the ones they are meant to replace, and put them in the local scenerytexture folder.Getting the correct names is probably the most difficult part, but if you get as far as creating the textures, just ask and I can provide you with a complete list of land class values and the equivalent texture names for all FS regions.Best regards.Luis

Thanks.Ok firstly i will add for the scenery about 8 land class texture possible or no?And then i want to add the scenery in diffrent places not like fsx default.egypto.jpgThis image show you about 5 landclasses i need to add so i cant just replace the old with new this will not be a good point. I hope that i can do like im thinking to do. This is my steps that i had for my landclass.1 first do all the textures.2 then in sbuilderx draw polygen and choose that one of the textures cover this area.Note that there is much mountains so if i need to do something extra please say to me.Thanks,Kristian

Before you go crazy on this, you might want to check out a commercial addon, Ground Environment X Africa/Middle East which is a texture replacement. Making good textures I think is hard, and maybe not a good use of your time.As far as the autogen goes, it is defined on a "per region" basis (see terrain sdk for the region coverage). I have played around a little, but not enough to really get any profficeincy at it. You need first your models (low poly) and then you can add them into the definition files. In the autogen sdk it describes how to edit the autogen control files. The tools provided in the sdk in my experience aren't easy to figure out but I think you could experiment and get it working. Note that if you want to make the resulting scenery available to others you have the problem of how to distribute your custom autogen file. Users would have to back up their default file and install yours, which in my experience many users will not understand how to do.scott s..

Ok good but what i understand of you guys is that the only way to do my landclass is to replace new textures with old texture.What about in the luiz terrain scenery tutorial in the part of Do a partthere you can see him create a poly in sbx on the place he want to cover with landclass and then he adds landclass from the properites.Thanks,Kristian

Edited by CPT.KRISTIAN