Sign in to follow this  
NCX405

Error instalation 747-8i fsx

Hi Yesterday I bought the product from the expansion of the 747-8i for FSX, and I download the executable to install it and get my data tells me correct, but when next I get error messages and associated all the time.Attached some pictures to see if you can help me.regardsfsscr223.pngfsscr224.png

I installed mine again with no such errors.You DO have the 747-400X base package don't you?If so, then open a support ticket with the error code 0018758 like it says in your popup.(not through this forum).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hey if I have the 747-400x, which gave me a friend who does not use (is added) is why I decided to buy this addon.I opened a ticket and expect an answer.regards

Please post your name, and we expect some civility here.Since you didn't purchase the base-package, you may have a problem here.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

As you can see from the PMDG website:Requires the PMDG 747-400X be appropriately licensed and installed

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley

Ok look,if you are accusing me of piracy,you are mistaken.The support departament from PMDG that I´m in contact with are well-aware that the product I have is original.Do you really think that I´m going to download a pirated copy and buy an expansion?I do not have provide any explanations to you, but I´ll give them regardless.I decided to buy the expansion because they gave me the account of the 747-400x because its previus owner stopped flying the fsx and returned to using fs9.I assume by now, you are understanding my explanations.Before acusing anyone chosse your words wisely.Regards

Ok look,if you are accusing me of piracy,you are mistaken.The support departament from PMDG that I´m in contact with are well-aware that the product I have is original.Do you really think that I´m going to download a pirated copy and buy an expansion?I do not have provide any explanations to you, but I´ll give them regardless.I decided to buy the expansion because they gave me the account of the 747-400x because its previus owner stopped flying the fsx and returned to using fs9.I assume by now, you are understanding my explanations.Before acusing anyone chosse your words wisely.
Jude has only been trying to help you since your first post. He's also made mention of the forum rule here of signing your full name to posts yet you still ignore that. He is telling you that very considerately not to mention you won't get any support from PMDG without your full name, that's all there is to it. 1st name and initial doesn't cut it. No one is exempt from that rule and I would start from the top of this thread and maybe reread everything he said and maybe you'll see it in a better light. I know as much as anyone how in reading things on the internet, one can put attitude where it wasn't intended and we all come from different sides of the pond in this hobby so that just makes it even more difficult. In any case though, reading this topic before your next reply might see Jude's "Please sign your name..." with more respect.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

My english is very basic and I need traslator to understand the messages, that said Jude to me ( Since You Dit purchase the base-package, May you have a problemhere) and I understand that my base -package was 747-400x pirate, if he was not referring to that, I ask a thousand pardons, as I repeat that my English is no very good.I´m not a kid, just starting in the world, it tool several years, and luckily enough I defen Informatica good no knew that the two products should be linked to the same account.The solution I have been chosen to buy back the 747-8i with the account they gave me.Greetings and again I ask forgiveness if Jude did not refer to the above.

My english is very basic...Greetings and again I ask forgiveness if Jude did not refer to the above.
Nice to meet you, Antonio. That's why I mentioned what I did. It's normally a mistake of translation. Anyone that speaks a different language has my respects since I can't imagine having to learn English just to get answers to questions or to maintain ones hobby. I can see where it might have seemed that he said what you thought, but I don't read it that way at all. I see it more like he just wanted to cover everything since you'd be surprised how much this sort of thing gets mentioned.Take it easy and good luck with your issue. Sorry I can't help any as this is something only PMDG will be able to address.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks Dan, for taking over.I fly a lot (in FSX), from KBOS, so nice to see someone actually from there.As you know there is a huge Irish comunity over there :)Hello Antonio, We sometimes forget that not everyone speaks English as their native language.I'm sure PMDG will be able to help you over the ticket system here:http://support.preci...in/Default.aspx

Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley

Hello friends, this is tips to install PMDG 747 - 8i/F with no error.

This is tips:

1. DO NOT UPDATE PMDG 747 - 400X TO NEW VERSION (2.10)

2. Install as USUAL

I do not understand why you would suggest that?  It makes no sense.  

I have personally installed the 747X on 2 PC's that I built 4 years apart and after a complete re-install of FSX and addons and have never had a problem with the 8i.  Without the update the 747X or the 8i will not run as designed.

I am sure that others would echo my sentiment.   

\Robert Hamlich/