Sign in to follow this  
BreezyPointDeparture

Most Dangerous NGX Approaches and Departures

Guest lulu47

LFMN (Nice) VOR DME Saleya East approach Rwy 22L/R...

SPZO - Cuzco is a favourite, particularly in low cloud, flying down the canyon with mountains very close to the wingtips...LOWI, SLSU (this is wicked....the VOR/DME from one end is really hard....the visual from the other end is darn near suicidal...you need LATINVFR scenery, the default scenery in FSX is wrong)

My Four Weeks having the NGX:Eagle/Vail not too bad.LOWI: Mountains, visibility was low,Flores Azore islands. large hill directly next to the airport, runway is 4,500ftKey West was not an easy landing, easy takeoff.Departure from Kangerlussuaq Airport (BGSF) in Greenland is not easy from either runway.

Flying out of KSLC i fly Mostly to the Ski Areas K=ksun kjac kege khdn kase but i have never tried KTEX in the NGX i have been in there in the Citation x a few timesonce i had a 70 kt crosswind and had to Divert its a long Runway at 9000 ft and windyThese are all Challenging approaches and quite a bit of Fun if you like High Altitude Airports these are some Good ones !!

I recall hearing in the Aerosoft Forums that they want to build the airport, but they can't because they don't get access to the real one to make their photos. And if they don't I think no other developer will. That might be why there is no addon scenery out there for this airport.
http://secure.simmarket.com/thai-creation-kuzu-zangpo-bhutan_paro-intl-vqpr-(fr_5391).phtmlit's working fine with FSX, just some minor texture transparency bugs. An you need a correct mesh for the area.I guess all textures bugs can be fixed by editing some textures40267_VQPR_SS05.jpg

For me, it would have to be Gatwick, Heathrow and Johannesburg blum.gifFlew a few flights for BAV and flew into LOWI, wasn't that hard. Also did a few flights into the Swiss Alps airports (can't remember their names), wasn't hard as such, just had to know where your surroundings were :) NGX terrain mode makes it too easy ;)

For me, it would have to be Gatwick, Heathrow and Johannesburg blum.gifFlew a few flights for BAV and flew into LOWI, wasn't that hard. Also did a few flights into the Swiss Alps airports (can't remember their names), wasn't hard as such, just had to know where your surroundings were :) NGX terrain mode makes it too easy ;)
Then turn the terrain radar off and set the visibillity down to the minimum :(
http://secure.simmar...(fr_5391).phtmlit's working fine with FSX, just some minor texture transparency bugs. An you need a correct mesh for the area.I guess all textures bugs can be fixed by editing some textures
Thanks I'll have a look into that. But I have the problem that all scenerys which I import from FS9 take my FSX down to about 1fps! Is there an solution for this problem?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

My Four Weeks having the NGX:Eagle/Vail not too bad.LOWI: Mountains, visibility was low,Flores Azore islands. large hill directly next to the airport, runway is 4,500ftKey West was not an easy landing, easy takeoff.Departure from Kangerlussuaq Airport (BGSF) in Greenland is not easy from either runway.
Is there an Eagle/Vail addon?

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

It is hard to measure difficulty. I have had more difficult time in superbusy London TMA even if the approach itself was easy ILS, than in Innsbruck, where I had the town in sight from before Rattenberg and could just sail down visually. I also wonder how an RNP approach into Innsbruck looks like. I know Naverus made them for SkyEurope.NGX itself with its LNAV/VNAV and so on also takes part of the difficulty away, but nevertheless, I have to name Cuzco, Sucre, Tegucigalpa et al. Latin America airports, that I toured in a 727. I can tell you I was glad for the third engine every single departure.Samedan is also worth mentioning, a VFR airport in the Alps, not permitting anything bigger than a BBJ. That one was a challenge even in HUGS equipped NG.

I recall hearing in the Aerosoft Forums that they want to build the airport, but they can't because they don't get access to the real one to make their photos. And if they don't I think no other developer will. That might be why there is no addon scenery out there for this airport.
Maybe Thai Creation will do FSX in the future? Edited by UAL115

Straight in ILS and LOC DME approaches are easy. Try the ones below which have no ILS and do not use your HUD. Then you will finally get to test your skills and see how good you really are.MHTG (Scenery by LatinVFR) RNAV Rwy 02

LPMA (Scenery by Aerosoft) Rwy 05
Edited by UAL115

Anyone who - like me - likes real-time, real world weather might like to try an approach to YPPD (my home airport of Port Hedland) in about 10 hours time as tropical cyclone Heidi should be running over the aiport about then! http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60281.shtml Qantas and virgin fly perth to port hedland regularly, but i'm guessing the airport is now about closed as we're on yellow alert. I might try a midnight flight with as2012 if we still have power.At the moment it is just overcast and gusty, but i suspect the weather might get more interesting over the next few hours.I have flown at least once (as a pax in a baron 58) just before a cyclone hit. I remember asking the pilot as the two of us walked out to the plane if 'birds flying backward' was a bad sign for aviators. :)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

For Departures,... Try RWY 15 Swift 7 (YBCS). CairnsIt requires an earliest left turn near 400ft or at DER.LFMN Rwy 04 Both (Nice) has a similar initial SID.If you have the ORBX Scenery for Cairns , it,s quite good & not to heavy on frame rates ( If you have fairly good system)SID can be obtained at the Air servicesAustralia web site under DAP (Departure Approach Procedures.)Regards,Stewart Thompson

SBRJ I think probably takes the cake in real life - that runway is so short.
You're not wrong Ryan, you're not wrong... :(