•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Most Dangerous NGX Approaches and Departures

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#61 megs8888

megs8888

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 5 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

Nice videos gents.Wayne

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#62 croacroacroa

croacroacroa

BANNED!

• Inactive Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Try this one, LFMN (Nice) RWY 22R Circling to Land, must be flown manually, no LNAV or APP Mode...

#63 rsperge

rsperge

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 3 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

innsbrook+!!!!

#64 Badfinger

Badfinger

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,814 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

Queenstown+!!!! Sorry Ronny, couldn't resist http://forum.avsim.n...tyle_emoticons/default/blum.gif

#65 royski

royski

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 6 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

SBRJ I think probably takes the cake in real life - that runway is so short.

Seen some 737NG landing there at Just Planes... Airport is like an aircraft carrier with no room for error...

#66 tutmeister

tutmeister

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

http://secure.simmar...(fr_5391).phtmlit's working fine with FSX, just some minor texture transparency bugs. An you need a correct mesh for the area.I guess all textures bugs can be fixed by editing some textureshttp://secure.simmarket.com/images/produ...

I've flown with the default scenery in FSX and this approach is insane. By far the most difficult I have flown in any aircraft in flight simulator. Turn on real-world weather for maximum effect, of course. Still too easy? Raise your landing weight...I assure you you'll sweat buckets.

#67 scandinavian13

scandinavian13

Member - 8,000+

• Members
  • 9,257 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Glad nobody's mentioned KDCA. There was some show that called it dangerous (on Discovery or Travel or something), and it's hardly that. It's non-standard and kind of wild, but dangerous? Hardly. The final turn is the worst part, and even that is pretty tame compared to some of the approaches mentioned here.

#68 Chrjs

Chrjs

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 2 Months and 1 Day

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Any approach can be dangerous (or simple) depending on weather conditions, time of day, emergencies, traffic,.......................................

Edited by Chrjs, 11 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#69 Dougal

Dougal

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,510 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 2 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Anyone know if the old FS9 'Wonderful Rio' works in FSX?I use to like that a lot.

#70 Luis_KMIA

Luis_KMIA

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 9 Months and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

In addition to the ones already mentioned, SKMD was once the main airport in Medellin, Colombia. It handled up to the 707 series. Today, it's a turboprop and ERJ airport that could handle the larger traffic if needed. The President of Colombia uses a -700BBJ, and which requires approach only through a valley from the north since Medellin is completely surrounded by mountains. And take-off can only be done to the north. There is a hill near the south end of the runway, which oddly enough is a real cemetery. The only time I landed to the north was flying on a Twin Otter with a steep approach. I do not work for VirtualCol, but their Colombia 2011 scenery is worth it! In central Colombia you can put your terrain display to good use.I also don't work for ORBX, but their recent PAKT release is awesome. The tarmac is much lower in altitude than the runway, so you taxi up to the runway and down from the runway. I took my Alaska NGX in and out of it from/to Sitka and Juneau. I did notice that FSX does not simulate gravity when you are on a downward sloping taxiway like the one in PAKT. I stopped my NGX with no parking brake applied, and it did not roll down.Luis Linares

#71 scandinavian13

scandinavian13

Member - 8,000+

• Members
  • 9,257 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

I did notice that FSX does not simulate gravity when you are on a downward sloping taxiway like the one in PAKT. I stopped my NGX with no parking brake applied, and it did not roll down.

Correct. The entire airport area is actually flattened to the same height.

#72 royski

royski

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 6 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

I wish someone would make a poll about this... in that manner we'll see which is the most challenging airport you have flown with the NGX...

#73 tutmeister

tutmeister

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

I wish someone would make a poll about this... in that manner we'll see which is the most challenging airport you have flown with the NGX...

I think it is a very subjective matter, so any poll wouldn't provide an answer, so for now this discussion is merely "interesting" to find new approaches to try out, to be honest.One man's difficult approach is a breeze for another. We have real pilots here, some of whom are 737 type-rated as well as sim pilots. Sim pilots could never hold up against a 737 type-rated pilot, no matter they might dream about (if both pilots had a heart attack, I could take over....yup, sure you could!) Myself, I'm certified on helicopters, light jets and single-engine turbine fixed-wings, but I struggled with the NGX at first. Now I find it very simple to fly as it's pretty much systems management and once you get used to that, it becomes a breeze. To that end, the real 737 pilots probably don't struggle with many approaches in flight sim due to their experience in real life, but they may find it difficult if they go on to VATSIM and use ATC in a busy Class A (think Heathrow) or Class B (think JFK) environment. So again, all subjective information and no use whatsoever in poll format.

#74 cparrott73

cparrott73

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Some good ones on here. Can't believe we've gone three pages, and nobody has mentioned MHTG yet. I actually haven't tried a landing at Toncontin with the NGX yet, but I need to make a note to do that soon. I think I last stuck a landing there with the FeelThere E-Jets a while back.

#75 Badfinger

Badfinger

Member - 3,000+

• Members
  • 3,814 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 11 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

http://www.stuff.co....ood-for-tourismVideo at bottom of page

Edited by ZK-SUH, 12 January 2012 - 12:45 AM.

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!