Sign in to follow this  
BreezyPointDeparture

Most Dangerous NGX Approaches and Departures

Someone mentioned Sitka. This wasn't really a bad weather day, but the wind off of the mountains to the north made short final sporting.This is looking at Mt. Edgecumbe which would on a wide right base to 11. It's just out the window on the RNP.

Matt Cee

Sitka RNP-11. *Not to be used for actual navigation. ;)

Edited by Spin737

Matt Cee

Agreed. I used to fly those all the time back in FS9 because of the Norske Flyplasser add-on. Too bad there isn't similar for FSX! I loved flying up there when I was with vSAS.
There is still a lot of activity ongoing for the Norwegian airports for FSX. Check out the link below (mostly Norwegian, unfortunately) for a great selection of Norwegian freeware scenery (airports, land classes, and mesh)http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliotek/fsx/scenery/europa/norge.html

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

There is still a lot of activity ongoing for the Norwegian airports for FSX. Check out the link below (mostly Norwegian, unfortunately) for a great selection of Norwegian freeware scenery (airports, land classes, and mesh)http://www.flightsim...ropa/norge.html
Awesome. Thanks for the link! Luckily, I know Norwegian...

Kyle Rodgers

VAGAR killed the whole top of Danish defense - so yes, t is dangerous in real life......RegardsCarl Michael

^^ Was just coming to post that. The 230 degree turn to 08 is a beast. Take-off from BIRK too, and not Keflavik for a nice short runway.

The approach into runway 12 in CYVR can be a little tricky if you dont monitor your altitude and DES path correctly. You get awful close to the mountains

I just tried CYCG today, I already made here a post of it. One thing is for sure, the more we fly around the more challenging approaches we find.Let's share 'em up!!!Art.

The approach into runway 12 in CYVR can be a little tricky if you dont monitor your altitude and DES path correctly. You get awful close to the mountains

That's why planes rarely land there :D. Before I knew the procedures I tried that as well. I've landed on the runway once, though. A small turboprop flight. From what I know they're planning on closing it, though I may be wrong. I've heard about Castlegar as well, and I may just have to try that. To add my 2 cents, I didn't find LOWI that bad, or SXM. The only approach that's actually caused me to crash in the past while has been the RNAV 02 at Toncontin. The vicious turn at the end, for me at least, cuts my speed, and as I'm desperately trying to avoid the houses, I don't notice the airspeed slowly creep into the red until I stall at too low of an altitude. From there it's more or less impossible to recover. I use the Taxi2Gate scenery, and it does not make it easy for me :lol: .

NZQN!<br /><br />Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk<br /><br />

WW1294.png