Sign in to follow this  
Jason.A

Nose Pitching up and Down durring climb/descent

Not sure if its something i have failed to configure properly with the aircraft but i assume it is.I get 2-3 desgres of pitch up and down in a slow bobbing motion during my climb out and sometimes during descent, what can i do to prevent this.Thanx in advance :)

Jason Aerts

Your passengers are running up and down the aisle and ...... LAUGHING !!!.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/345462-porpoising-during-climb/page__p__2077334__hl__porpoise__fromsearch__1#entry2077334

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Your passengers are running up and down the aisle and ...... LAUGHING !!!.http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2077334
Thank you for the link, but im not seeing a solution other then buy more products.I have Turbulance disabled in FSX and still experience the up and down oscillation.

Jason Aerts

Not really.. Or at least with the present version. I noticed some of that on one of thepast hotfixes, but since 1b, I haven't really noticed much of that.But then again, I usually descend semi manually, so that may be the reason I don'tsee it much. When playing Southwest buoy, I usually descend using V/S and notVNAV. In that mode, the descent rate is steady as a rock.But.. I did a run in my 600 BBJ a couple of nights ago and flew VNAV to an autoland,and no issues at all.

No issues here. The nose only pitches up or down for me when FSX unrealistically begins to change wind direction which destabilizes the plane's speed.

Edited by kjjj11223344

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Not sure if its something i have failed to configure properly with the aircraft but i assume it is.I get 2-3 desgres of pitch up and down in a slow bobbing motion during my climb out and sometimes during descent, what can i do to prevent this.
Buy Activesky 2012 and Stop using the crappy FSX Default weather and this will clear it up. Edited by UAL115

Buy Activesky 2012 and Stop using the crappy FSX Default weather and this will clear it up.
Ah didnt know this was the only weather programe that is out there thought there were others

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The 747X does this as well. It is a lot worse though and any descent in VNAV mode becomes a wild rollercoaster. It is not the weather, as some suggest, as the LDS 767 flying with same settings, same flightplan and same non existent weather is as steady as a rock in VNAV descent. I have also noticed a little bobbing in VNAV descent with the NGX but nothing severe enough to cause me to switch to an alternative descent mode.The only way around it , as has been already suggested, is to descend to 10,000 ft using FLCH ( or is it "intervention in the NGX?) and then renengage VNAV below FL100 where it is less of a problem or use VS and monitor the speed manually.Gerry

The 747X does this as well. It is a lot worse though and any descent in VNAV mode becomes a wild rollercoaster.
I have the PMDG 747, MD11, and NGX and really have not witnessed the behavior your describing. I also have over 7500 hours flight time on VATSIM 90% which is with the PMDG planes. The Level-D was my first plane, but when the 747-400 came out I never went back. Since then my motto has been if it aint PMDG it aint going. I am beginning to think this is either weather settings, or not setting the aircraft up properly for VNAV descent. Would be nice if somebody could show a video of this weird behavior real time. Would provide better insight into what is actually happening.
Ah didnt know this was the only weather programe that is out there thought there were others
Yes there are other weather programs but I didn't mention them because the best you can get is Activesky and that is why I recommend it. Weather is the next most important thing after the plane purchase so why would you settle for anything but the best? Buying the REX for weather is like buying the I-Fly instead of the NGX.
The nose only pitches up or down for me when FSX unrealistically begins to change wind direction which destabilizes the plane's speed.
This issue has mostly been eliminated (no not completely) but AS2012 has come a long way from ASE, and along with whatever they did in the latest version of FSUIPC and using Activesky 2012 Direct Weather Control I have found it to be much smoother than it was when using ASE. The fact that you do not have to use FSUIPC Weather Smoothing or Disable Turbulence anymore proves my point. Edited by UAL115

Paul,I don't have a problem with the NGX in this regards either, however others, apart from me, did with the 747. Here is one previous thread where this was discussed and I know there were several other threads on the same topic.http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1Gerry

Edited by engwerda

I don't have a problem with the NGX in this regards either, however others, apart from me, did with the 747. Here is one previous thread where this was discussed and I know there were several other threads on the same topic.
Actually I doing an 11 hour flight right now in the PMDG 747-400 (FQMA - LPPT) with about an hour left to go. Earlier I had a crosswind at of 137 knots and some turbulence at FL380 but the plane never left FL380 or strayed from the path. So I don't understand why it works so well for me and others seem to have issues. Unless they are not editing their fsx.cfg and fsupic.ini files with the proper turbulence values and not using Activesky DWC.Just a reminder I am talking about AS2012. Activesky Evolution requires some extra changes such as Smoothing and Disabling turbulence.
LDS 767 flying with same settings, same flightplan and same non existent weather is as steady as a rock in VNAV descent
The reason for this is the Level-D was designed for FS9 and was just ported over to FSX to make it compatible. On top of that the PMDG flight models are much more sensitive to changes in weather. That is why PMDG has some of the best products on the market. Comparing the Level-D to PMDG is like comparing a Gremlin vs a Ferrari. Edited by UAL115

Almost certain this is the weather - I see the same thing when there's those unrealistic quick wind changes. AS2012 seems to have gone a long way toward fixing all the weather problems we've always had though - I've been impressed thusfar with it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes there are other weather programs but I didn't mention them because the best you can get is Activesky and that is why I recommend it. Weather is the next most important thing after the plane purchase so why would you settle for anything but the best? Buying the REX for weather is like buying the I-Fly instead of the NGX.
Well at this stage u mite be right with the as2012 but when the rex essential pack comes out it be a different story all together and by the sound of all the updates it suppose to do its going to raise the bar again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Almost certain this is the weather - I see the same thing when there's those unrealistic quick wind changes. AS2012 seems to have gone a long way toward fixing all the weather problems we've always had though - I've been impressed thusfar with it.
+1Since buying and installing AS2012 with the latest fsuipc i too have been very impressed with the ellimination of s-turns...best wx engine for the NGX imo.

Chris Howard