Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

Airbus X crash-to-desktop

I asked this a week or two ago, but just discovered today that by some weird error I had posted it in the unofficial Captain Sim support forum... no clue how...I know there are already threads on this, but the one's I've read haven't helped. The problem is, of course, that the Airbus X from Aerosoft keeps causing a fatal error to occur. It happens at different times: sometimes when I change the weather, sometimes when I change the time or location, or once after I successfully loaded the flight and exited. And yes, I'm running FSX as administrator.Thanks,boeing247

Guest jahman

Can you post the details of your CTDs so we can takr a look?Cheers,- jahman.

it's a chronic problem of airbusx and has never been solved.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

What helped me was loading the default cessna or any other aircraft first, then swapping it for the 'bus. I think that's recommended by Aerosoft on their support forum. If I do that I only get a CTD when I finish my flight, which I can cope with.They might have a fix for this in the forthcoming extended edition, but I've got a feeling we may have to live with it.Ian

I saw some solutions like installing FSX in a different folder, though I'm not to sure about that. Anybody know more about that?I'm assuming they'll fix it in the new version. By the way, I thought that was supposed to come out today...

I saw some solutions like installing FSX in a different folder, though I'm not to sure about that. Anybody know more about that?I'm assuming they'll fix it in the new version. By the way, I thought that was supposed to come out today...
Sounds like Aerosoft is more busy developing a bunch of little airports (like ORBX does) that no one knows or ever heard of, instead of completing a major project such as the Exentended version of Airbus X. They've made about 3 date changes to the release date of the Extended version...why? Because they are busy workig on some airport in the East pole (or West pole jeje), which no one really cares about. Edited by Johnny767

it's a chronic problem of airbusx and has never been solved.
Yep, its chronic and very annoying. I hope they sort it with the delayed extended version.
I saw some solutions like installing FSX in a different folder, though I'm not to sure about that. Anybody know more about that?
I have fsx installed in c/fsx and still have this problem.

Chris Howard

Sounds like Aerosoft is more busy developing a bunch of little airports (like ORBX does) that no one knows or ever heard of, instead of completing a major project such as the Exentended version of Airbus X. They've made about 3 date changes to the release date of the Extended version...why? Because they are busy workig on some airport in the East pole (or West pole jeje), which no one really cares about.
My thought exactly. The current version doesn't suit my preferences, and I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the more advanced extended version. I've had the Airbus X for some time now and have yet to fly it. (I've in fact only loaded a flight successfully once, all the other times FSX crashed.)

Sounds like Aerosoft is more busy developing a bunch of little airports (like ORBX does) that no one knows or ever heard of, instead of completing a major project such as the Exentended version of Airbus X. They've made about 3 date changes to the release date of the Extended version...why? Because they are busy workig on some airport in the East pole (or West pole jeje), which no one really cares about.
That's a little unfair. You may not care, but I for one am glad Aerosoft are publishing an ever increasing list of important European airports, as well as many popular holiday and island destinations. Not everyone wants to fly from somewhere huge with a K at the front of its ICAO code!Also, I believe they have to balance that with work for other non-hobby customers. One of the things I like in FS is exploring places I've never been to - or occasionally never heard of. :( I'm sure we won't have too much longer to wait for the bus.. Ian