Sign in to follow this  
CaptEm1

PMDG: Please Reconsider

Our decision is made on this - we're not doing any more full 2D panels post-NGX. There will be 2D popups for the important things (FMC, MCP etc) but it's a heck of a lot of extra work for us to make full 2D panels and we get the distinct impression that most people don't use them. I certainly see no reason to when stuff like TrackIR and EZCA exist. How is pressing a button or key to bring up an EZCA preset or even our own VC camera views any different than hitting a key to bring up a 2D version of the same thing? I think I'm pretty good at flying in "high workload with raw data" in the NGX and I fly exclusively with the VC and rarely ever bring up the 2D popups. I'm not sure what kind of flying you're doing that prevents you from switching to a popup or a different camera preset for a second to do something...Anyway, I'm going to close this thread because it's just going to get out of hand with the arguments - our position is our position. We could be wrong, but I doubt it - remember everyone also told us no one would ever buy FSX addons when we stopped making FS9 ones, and people also told us over 2 years ago that the J41 wouldn't sell without 2D panels as well... neither of these "the sky is falling" warning ended up being even remotely true.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com