Sign in to follow this  
moey124

My 2D cockpit faces down on it is not in the middle of the screen

My 2D cockpit faces down on it is not in the middle of the screen, How do i get this fixed? thanks.

WideViewAspect=True
i didnt understand that is that something i need to change how can i do this>?

Do a search, I have answered this question about 10 times already. It should be a sticky.

Do a search, I have answered this question about 10 times already. It should be a sticky.
I was wondering if u could answer this for me please sir

Mohit, You can edit your fsx.cfg file. (Change "WideViewAspect=False" to "WideViewAspect=True"). I prefer to simply zoom in or out while in 2d view using "+" or "-" keys. Use "Shift +/-" for finer incremental changes.

Go to your main FSX Directory - SIMOBJECTS - AIRPLANES - PMDG 737-800NGX - PANEL and load the panel.cfg with Notepad. Find the following lines listed below and change the values listed in red to what I have below and it will work just fine.There is just one little issue. If you ever hit reset eye point view it seems to get out of whack. To fix this just look out your left or right window in 2d-panel view and it will be back to where it should be. I tried a bunch of numbers and tried to compare the virtual cockpit vs 2d-panel cockpit views until I was able to get the 2d-panel to look the same as virtual cockpit view and 5.5 seems to do the job.[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8

WideViewAspect=Truei didnt understand that is that something i need to change how can i do this>?
WideViewAspect=True The line above should say True if you have a Widescreen Monitor and False if you do not. You can find this line in your FSX.cfg file. Edited by UAL115

You are right Paul, this should be a 'sticky' but since it wont be Im saving the link for the next guy that asks :-)

Jay

Go to your main FSX Directory - SIMOBJECTS - AIRPLANES - PMDG 737-800NGX - PANEL and load the panel.cfg with Notepad. Find the following lines listed below and change the values listed in red to what I have below and it will work just fine.There is just one little issue. If you ever hit reset eye point view it seems to get out of whack. To fix this just look out your left or right window in 2d-panel view and it will be back to where it should be. I tried a bunch of numbers and tried to compare the virtual cockpit vs 2d-panel cockpit views until I was able to get the 2d-panel to look the same as virtual cockpit view and 5.5 seems to do the job.[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8WideViewAspect=True The line above should say True if you have a Widescreen Monitor and False if you do not. You can find this line in your FSX.cfg file.
icant seem to open the panel cfg file..how do iopen it

and make sure its not set to read only if it is you wont be able to make changes in it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg