Sign in to follow this  
WotanUK

HUD Head position

Hello Chaps,Can anyone suggest a good cockpit view (without using trackir) where one can see clearly though the HUGS. I don't like TrackIR and use Ezcam and mouse look, but i don't seem to be able to get a position in the cockpit that allows me to use the HUGs.ThanksIan

Ian R Tyldesley

The default position is perfect. What seems to be your issue?(Screenshots save about 40 posts, by the way)

Kyle Rodgers

The default position is perfect. What seems to be your issue?(Screenshots save about 40 posts, by the way)
Thanks...yeah i agree but difficult to get i'm at work; unfortunately my company would not be keen on me utilising the NGX. Shame really, but i doubt i could bring them around to the 'correct' way of thinking

Ian R Tyldesley

Unfortunate. Luckily my boss is a pilot so I can get away with it from time to time on slow days.Are you only seeing a portion of the information on the HUGS? As in, some of the information is clipped on the collimator glass? Some other users had complaints about not being able to see both the HUGS and the primary flight display (/nav display/etc) simultaneously, but that's not an issue in the end because the whole point of the HUGS is to not look down at those other displays, as your information is placed right in front of you.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Ian, The easiest way of viewing the HUD for me is open the HUD and use the space bar together with the mouse and position the MCP at the base of the HUD, it only takes seconds and with usage you can do it quicker. Hope this helps. richard welsh.

Hello Chaps,Can anyone suggest a good cockpit view (without using trackir) where one can see clearly though the HUGS. I don't like TrackIR and use Ezcam and mouse look, but i don't seem to be able to get a position in the cockpit that allows me to use the HUGs.ThanksIan
If you have EZCA, then I can send you my camera profile. Let me know if you like these:In these two, the zoom is 0.98 (with WideViewAspect=True)The next two are less (0.8 ish, I think):If you like them, Let me know, and I'll send you my profile. I use them with trackIR, but I believe they will work for you with mouse look too, and if you'd prefer to see a little bit of the DUs (which is unrealistic IMHO, then just zoom out more until you're satisfied). Edited by Smasher77th

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

If you have EZCA, then I can send you my camera profile. Let me know if you like these:
They look great, as indicated below i was hoping for both the Primary Flight Instruments and HUGS to be visable at the same time, i do excatly what you have done and crete another camera for the HUGS within ez.
Hello Ian, The easiest way of viewing the HUD for me is open the HUD and use the space bar together with the mouse and position the MCP at the base of the HUD, it only takes seconds and with usage you can do it quicker. Hope this helps. richard welsh.
I think i was making things difficult by wanting the PFI and HUGS together.
Unfortunate. Luckily my boss is a pilot so I can get away with it from time to time on slow days.Are you only seeing a portion of the information on the HUGS? As in, some of the information is clipped on the collimator glass? Some other users had complaints about not being able to see both the HUGS and the primary flight display (/nav display/etc) simultaneously, but that's not an issue in the end because the whole point of the HUGS is to not look down at those other displays, as your information is placed right in front of you.
Once again thanks for your help, you are right i was wanting the primary flight instruments and the HUGS together, your explaination makes perfect sense. I'll create a profile within ez for the 'normal' PFI and another camera for the HUGS.Thank you all for your help.

Ian R Tyldesley

Ian,Make sure you have WideViewAspect=True set in your FSX.cfg - if you don't, it can screw up the default camera views we set.It's worth mentioning too that you're not supposed to be able to see both the DUs and the HGS - you certainly can't in the real aircraft. The whole point of the HGS is that it gives you all the info you need, sort of like a PFD projected out in front of you while in PRI mode at least.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ian,Make sure you have WideViewAspect=True set in your FSX.cfg - if you don't, it can screw up the default camera views we set.It's worth mentioning too that you're not supposed to be able to see both the DUs and the HGS - you certainly can't in the real aircraft. The whole point of the HGS is that it gives you all the info you need, sort of like a PFD projected out in front of you while in PRI mode at least.
Thank you Ryan, i was incorrect about the HUGS and PFI, i understand that now Kyle corrected me. I'll configure an ezcam for the HUGS system; would have been useful yesterday on my flight from Paro to Indra Ghandi airport. :)Yep i use Eyefinity so Wideviewaspect has to be set on...it has a really odd look otherwise.ThanksIan

Ian R Tyldesley

With EZCA you can move inside the VC by using a combination of mouse and keboard:Push (and hold) the middle mouse button, and use the arrow keys to move in the cabin.

Edited by davierosoft

Regards

Andrea Daviero