Sign in to follow this  

737NGX 'short' checklist (from C&Dd to C&D). Please check!

Last year, sometime after the release of the 737NGX, I made a 'personal checklist' based on the official tutorial. It showed every step you had to take in order to fly the tutorial without having to actually read everything and figure out which steps you actually had to do to get things done.Last week I edited that checklist: I made it a general checklist, so without the specific numbers and waypoint etc. from the tutorial, changed the order a bit, and I added everything you need to DO to get the plane in the air from cold and dark and back to cold and dark again at the gate. I call it 'short' because it doesn't contain things you have to check (apart from an item or two). So this is NOT a realistic real life checklist but the kind of list that is very handy when you haven't flown the 737NGX for a while and want to fly the plane without having to read all manuals again. :( You could also say this is a list with ONLY the mandatory steps you need to take to get some sort of realistic flight.I post this mainly to ask if some of you would be so kind to check it for big mistakes! Maybe I've forgotten things or maybe the order is way off. If so, please let me know! But of course you can also simply use the list yourself. :wink:The pdf is a double sided A4.

Edited by Guest

Great job. But I miss the proper settings of the bleed valves and separation valves before engine start - which is rather important, especially as you are changing the settings at shut down. Agree?RegardsCarl Michael

Spelling:Legenda= LegendDEP APP= DEP/APP (as per the FMC Display)These are the only two minor discrepancies I found. It is an excellent document and one that I will use, so thank you for your patience in making it.If you would permit me to make a small suggestion, I would have found it easier to read had the Checklists been boxed (in tables). This is just my observation and personal choice. others may like it like it is.Anyway, great job, mate,Frank

Great job. But I miss the proper settings of the bleed valves and separation valves before engine start - which is rather important, especially as you are changing the settings at shut down. Agree?
Thanks! About the missing settings: I made the checklist according to the official tutorial and added the engine start procedure while reading trisager tutorial, so er... I am no expert. :( And in this case I really wouldn't know what I've missed! All I know is that I took a screenshot of the overhead after loading the PMDG cold and dark state of and I took a screenshot after shutting everything down and as far as I can tell, everything looked the same... I only switch the APU bleed (to reset and in the end back to on where it was in the beginning). I can also start and finish a flight without any problems, so at least things seems to work properly. :wink:Maybe you can tell me exactly which steps I missed and where they should be added to the list? The main reason for posting this list now was getting things right, so... tell me, please! :(
Spelling:Legenda= LegendDEP APP= DEP/APP (as per the FMC Display)These are the only two minor discrepancies I found. It is an excellent document and one that I will use, so thank you for your patience in making it.If you would permit me to make a small suggestion, I would have found it easier to read had the Checklists been boxed (in tables). This is just my observation and personal choice. others may like it like it is.Anyway, great job, mate,
Thanks for the corrections and the compliment! Great to see someone having an eye for detail like I (like to) have! :( It's still not perfect and as consequent as I'd llke. I already noticed I left a specific setting in the list (setting flaps for landing in the FMC) that I will change into something more general. But well, it doesn't need to be perfect as long as it works and for me this list gets me from C&D to C&D without any problems.Boxed: the reason why I didn't do it is because it takes up too much space and the second part of the list exist of two 'steps' everytime anyway, unlike the first part (which only contains CDU information which requires more steps). But I'll consider it once more anyway.EDITAbout DEP APP: my list says DEP ARR and that's what's on the button of the FMC: you probably refer to the name on the screen, which is DEP/ARR (not DEP/APP btw) but I only mention the button (as the • indicates). B) Edited by J van E

Here is version 2 of the list. I changed a few things that weren't really consequent (wheel chocks, pushback, FLAP/SPD, etc). The procedures haven't really changed but only they way I refer to them.BTW Pity I can't edit the OP anymore...

Thanks! About the missing settings: I made the checklist according to the official tutorial and added the engine start procedure while reading trisager tutorial, so er... I am no expert. And in this case I really wouldn't know what I've missed! All I know is that I took a screenshot of the overhead after loading the PMDG cold and dark state of and I took a screenshot after shutting everything down and as far as I can tell, everything looked the same... I only switch the APU bleed (to reset and in the end back to on where it was in the beginning). I can also start and finish a flight without any problems, so at least things seems to work properly.Maybe you can tell me exactly which steps I missed and where they should be added to the list? The main reason for posting this list now was getting things right, so... tell me, please!
I am still not quite sure my self, so I need to study the problem once more and come back. (But it is something about having only connection from APU bleed to the one engine you want to start and then swich over when you want to start the other engine).RegardsCarl Michael

I am still not quite sure my self, so I need to study the problem once more and come back. (But it is something about having only connection from APU bleed to the one engine you want to start and then swich over when you want to start the other engine).RegardsCarl Michael
Ah, ok, never heard about that and it's indeed not in my checklist... As I said the flights I do with this checklist go perfectly fine from start to finish, so maybe what you are talking about is optional and not mandatory...?

Yeah, Jeroen, you're right, the Top of the screen says DEP/ARR.Just goes to show, we all make mistakes.Thanx also for V2,Frank Cooper

We're all humans. :wink:It's a shame the OP can't be edited because I see people are still downloading version 1... Nothing really wrong with that, but v2 is better. :( 231 downloads within a day, I see: not bad. I am curious what all those downloaders think about the list...

Hey Jeroen,Have a look at this:106check1.jpgThis is your Checklist, turned into an XML file and used as the NGX checklist within FSX.I'ts an idea that Nyxx had a while back for the J41 and I helped him develop it.It allows you to go through the checklist within FSX, so no printing and such.It's easy to install. I'm still working on it at the moment, but it shouldn't take long to finish off and zip.If you'd like to have it and upload it for use, I'd have no problem with that. I wouldn't do it myself, because it's not my work.Anyway, let me know what you think, if you want it, it's yours,Frank Cooper

Hey Jeroen,Have a look at this:106check1.jpgThis is your Checklist, turned into an XML file and used as the NGX checklist within FSX.I'ts an idea that Nyxx had a while back for the J41 and I helped him develop it.It allows you to go through the checklist within FSX, so no printing and such.It's easy to install. I'm still working on it at the moment, but it shouldn't take long to finish off and zip.If you'd like to have it and upload it for use, I'd have no problem with that. I wouldn't do it myself, because it's not my work.Anyway, let me know what you think, if you want it, it's yours,Frank Cooper
Wow, awesome, looks great! I'd love to have that! Feel free to post it or upload it: I don't care much about credits and royalties. :( Is it easy to update if I want to update my own pdf? Or do you need to 'complite' it again in that case?

Frank--very nice work with that XML...I used to know how to do that and then those brain cells died Money%20Eyes.gifJeroen: although it took me a few minutes to understand your layout, I really like what you have done. It is a little cluttered....I was wondering if expanding it to a third page might be a good idea just to get some separation and make it easier to read whilst trying to do 3 things at once during final approach. Just a suggestion, but thanks for the tremendous addition!

Frank--very nice work with that XML...I used to know how to do that and then those brain cells died Money%20Eyes.gifJeroen: although it took me a few minutes to understand your layout, I really like what you have done. It is a little cluttered....I was wondering if expanding it to a third page might be a good idea just to get some separation and make it easier to read whilst trying to do 3 things at once during final approach. Just a suggestion, but thanks for the tremendous addition!
Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I might just do that, put everything into boxes/tables. I just gave it a quick try and the second part of my list (now on one side) takes up two sides then. But maybe that's better then it is now. But first I will await Frank's xml files: maybe that will make the pdf obsolete? Although having a printed list is always handy, of course... I will wait and see if some people still have any suggestions/corrections/additions (if no one reacts I suppose all is fine) and then after the weekend I will make a 'boxed' version of my pdf. Stay posted. :wink:EDITI had another look at Frank's screenshot (the previous time I saw it on a small laptop screen) and I notice there are only a few lines on that page: I guess this means that following the list involves a LOT of scrolling...? Is it possible to make the font smaller so more fits on one 'page'? Or does it become too small then?EDIT 2@Jack: when you talked about cluttered you meant the second page of the pdf, right? Or the first one already? The first one is rather comnplicated because there are a lot of steps involved that have to be done in a specific order and which are related to each other. The second page simply contains a function/button/switch and the action you have to do. Or did you find it complicated because page 1 lets you read from left to right while page 2 has 2 columns which you have to read from top to bottom on the left and then from top to bottom on the right? LOL I am only making things more complicated here... :( But I would like it if everybody would understand how to use the pdf at once without being confused at first... Edited by J van E