Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

FSX Real World Weather

I run into the same issue every year, Duenna doesn't read the weather as correct, no matter how I set it.I know this has been an issue for many, but the solution seems to vary from setup to setup. I'm still trying to get mine right, can someone help?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

The only problem I've had with the weather is when the Duenna reads the previous flight's weather as no good. I get around this by loading my flight in windowed mode first and then starting the Duenna.Post your Duenna text file so we can see what you mean.

Mike Beckwith

Start fsx, setup a flight, default Cessna at some airport, set up all the weather settings the way you should do and save it and make it the default flight.. Then exit fsx and it should be good next time it starts..Thanks

spacer.png

Looking at the weather results in your text file Andy, I wouldn't worry about the "not good" on the previous flight weather - that's normal as far as I can see.

Mike Beckwith

i have a problem with weather settings as wellnormally i have REX installed but that is not allowed so upon startup of FSX when REX asks me to start the weather engine i say turn it of, but the duena seems to see that as i am using fair weather even though i have the options set the way descfribed above and have saved that as being the normal default filghtany help is apriciatedleon

Hmm, I use REX too but I do not use the weather engine at all, I normally use ASE.. What I would recommend is start REX, set up all the graphics settings you want and let it copy over the textures, then shut down the program and dont restart it, then start FSX on its own without REX running at all..See if that helps.

spacer.png

I had the same problem with Duenna weather being yellow.What helped was in FSX menu item File.Flights and then delete the "Previous Flight" flight config file.

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

I had the same problem with Duenna weather being yellow.What helped was in FSX menu item File.Flights and then delete the "Previous Flight" flight config file.
Good point Jock, that works well.. Sometimes FSX doesn't save the correct settings so if you erase the file and allow it to recreate it, it should work out..

spacer.png

@ l_schuiling - the current version of the duenna is r.131, I believe.@ eamonn - I was experiencing a problem similar to the OP, and your solution worked for me. Thanks!

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Hello,This problem is solved with this method:Start FSX - you are probly in a default flight...'End' the flight back to the opening screen...go to settings and allow the opening screen to appear on startup - DO NOT go into your default flight.Now the lengthy part...:)All your settings are correct right...realism sliders left, download winds aloft, no AI, real WX download every 15 min etc...but still red WX on Duenna...never fear the Zeta dude is here HAHA !Save your flight (full fuel etc ready to go)...DO NOT make it a default flight.Trash your FSX .cfg file ..yeah you know it...redo all the buttons...Now restart FSX...load the flight you saved aboveHit the RESET flight to rest the flight (this is an option doesnt take long)......save the flight again<<<<<<<in a different file...DO NOT make it default but remember this flight as it will be your RTW default startup flight. I always use a default model as well like the Bch350<<<End flight...Exit<<<<<EXIT<<<<<EXIT FSX.Here I would even reboot but not necessary....Restart FSX, you are in the loading screen now..load the flight you saved above...start Duenna and lo and behold...Green Duenna!The trick is not to save a default flight and use it, and you have to save a flight that works for Duenna, and not make it default to automatically enter on starting the sim...:)Blake

Edited by MrZeta

Blake,If you think the RTWR is for nothing but cheaters, then you DO have the option NOT to participate. Your continual badgering of Forum members just because they happen to participate at other sites that you dislike is your issue, not theirs.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Hey ViperPilot - Greetings from Colorado - KBJC here.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro