Tested. Don't like it. Like ENB, it makes everything blurry and kinda soft looking. Not something what I'm after...
It took me a few tries to get it where I want it, but it's great now. Subtle.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It took me a few tries to get it where I want it, but it's great now. Subtle.
You can get it subtle, alright. But if you compare the shots with the d3d9 and without, no matter if the effect is active or not, you will see the blurriness introduced to the gauges. I mostly compare with the NGX, since this aircraft has the best clarity of the gauges and VC in general.

I've never had luck with the ENB series addon. I always got FSX crashes and I think it makes FSX looks silly.

You can get it subtle, alright. But if you compare the shots with the d3d9 and without, no matter if the effect is active or not, you will see the blurriness introduced to the gauges. I mostly compare with the NGX, since this aircraft has the best clarity of the gauges and VC in general.
I'm not seeing any blurriness. At first I had some issues with AA being negatively effected, but playing around with the settings got rid of that. The only blurriness I'm seeing is on the Menu bar, which is minimal.
I've never had luck with the ENB series addon. I always got FSX crashes and I think it makes FSX looks silly.
I agree, but the thing is most people use over-the-top settings to give over-the-top visuals. That's where the subtlety I mentioned comes in. This mod introduces a sort of hazy look when the sun is out and fair weather cumulus is around that I find that very realistic. Yucky grey rainy days with low ceilings are even enhanced and more atmospheric. I guess that's my cue to share an off the cuff shot:2012-2-6_17-21-18-121.jpg2012-2-6_17-18-40-748.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Zach, great shots! Do you mind sharing your adjustments with the FXAA tool? I am trying to get that kind of look. For those of you that have used this for awhile, what exactly is the relative effect of the AA tool within FSX? I guess what I'm asking is a "4" with the FXAA antialiasing equivalent slider equivalent to 8xS in the nvidia inspector? Or 8xSQ? I hope that makes sense.

I'm not seeing any blurriness.
Sorry, but I must contradict this. There is a blurriness and it's mostly noticable when you make shots with and without. Panel shot. Not external.I have very, lemme repeat this, very clear and sharp cockpit fonts and these tools, ENB, FXAA apparently too, cause just this blurriness which also causes unreadability of the small numbers.But, as I hate doing stuff without proof.First is always with FXAA, 2nd is without:Feel free to save them on your disk and compare them with <- and -> arrows.

A testament as to why I have never used ENB. Also, the crashes and freezes I got with it required a deletion from my hard disk. :Nerd:

I'll contradict those pics with these.  Again, check you settings!With FXAA 8xS2012-2-8_21-37-13-803.jpgWithout FXAA 8xS2012-2-8_21-30-30-67.jpgI'd be happy to share my settings when I get back on my FSX rig tomorrow.Also, I'm using the 290.xx drivers with a healthy overclock.  Either way, if you're happy without FXAA, you probably shouldn't use it! :D ) I love the effect and can't see any disadvantages.

Edited by ZachLW

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

There is no difference between those two shots, you got that right.EDIT: I found what the big difference is between you and me. You are not using any Supersampling. While SS (in my case 2x SGSS) doesn't give a blurry picture without ENB/FXAA, it produces very blurry pic, as seen from my shots when all 3 combined. If I turn off SGSS, then I get your picture. With FXAA on.Without SGSS though, I don't get as nearly as clear graphics in the cockpits. I would choose SGSS anytime over FXAA.

EDIT: I found what the big difference is between you and me. You are not using any Supersampling. While SS (in my case 2x SGSS) doesn't give a blurry picture without ENB/FXAA, it produces very blurry pic, as seen from my shots when all 3 combined. If I turn off SGSS, then I get your picture. With FXAA on.Without SGSS though, I don't get as nearly as clear graphics in the cockpits. I would choose SGSS anytime over FXAA.
That makes sense. Nice catch

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Only issue for me is that it still causes FSX crashes.... IDC if image quality isn't touched.

I'll contradict those pics with these. Again, check you settings!With FXAA 8xS2012-2-8_21-37-13-803.jpgWithout FXAA 8xS2012-2-8_21-30-30-67.jpgI'd be happy to share my settings when I get back on my FSX rig tomorrow.Also, I'm using the 290.xx drivers with a healthy overclock. Either way, if you're happy without FXAA, you probably shouldn't use it! :D ) I love the effect and can't see any disadvantages.
Zach, could you please share your settings with us? That looks mighty good!

If ENB is done right with a proper palette it looks way better.Ill post pics in a few.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

This tool works well, mainly because my FSX no longer crashes! I dump all my unstable software, that includes FSInn, and now ENBSeries.

Panels are still a little blurry, even with the suggested tweak settings. I hope someone can post some other examples because I'm not very good at tweaking.

Thanks.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering