Sign in to follow this  
cejones23

Microsoft.Net CTD

So I've tried quite a few things based on what I've read in the forums already. I've switched my UIIAutomationCore.dll file with one from Vista, I've changed the UIIAutomationCore.dll settings in the cmd dialog box and I've added all of my add-ons one at a time and rebooted the system after each one. I'm still getttng ctd's with the following error message. I've included all of the details which are quite long, but I would love if someone can help me figure out how to adjust my settings to get rid of this exception.My specs are: HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx, Windows 7 64-bit, SP1, FSX Acceleration, Intel i5 2410 processor @ 2.3 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 6490M, Mobile Intel HD Graphics, Add Ons: PMDG 747-400, UTX North America, UTX Europe, My Traffic X, FS2Crew PMDG 747, FSPassengers, REX 2.0, GEX North America. Also, I'm running FSX on a laptop with a coolsense temperature control, but the comp still runs very hot. Could this be contributing to CTD's? Should I invest in a cooling pad?Here's the error:Microsoft.Net FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your applicationException from HRESULT: 0xC000020D See the end of this message for details on invokingjust-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC000020D): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000020D at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveDispatch(SignalProcDelegate pfcnSignal) at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect.ReceiveMessage() at rexwxengine.controls.ucLoadAircraftLocation.DefWndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------rexwxengine Assembly Version: 1.0.3.38666 Win32 Version: 1.0.2008.1126 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Real%20Environment%20Xtreme/rexwxengine.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect Assembly Version: 10.0.61242.0 Win32 Version: 10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61242.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll----------------------------------------msvcm80 Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4940 Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4940 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc/msvcm80.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------System.Data Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

My specs are Windows 7 64-bit, SP1, FSX Acceleration, Intel i5 2410 processor @ 2.3 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 6490M, Mobile Intel HD Graphics, Add Ons: PMDG 747-400, UTX North America, UTX Europe, My Traffic X, FS2Crew PMDG 747, FSPassengers

Guest firehawk44

It doesn't look like a Microsoft.net problem. Microsoft.net, as one of its many functions, manages memory processes for your programs. The problem appears to be with the REX weather engine and simconnect not communicating properly and crashing. Have you disabled Windows UAC? That program might be preventing the communication or an anti-virus program. I would check the REX forums and post this error there for a possible solution. Also, make sure you have all of the MS Visuals C++ Redistributables from 2005 to 2010 (they are not backward compatible). Also run Windows update if you haven't lately and make sure you have all the latest updates installed to the MSV's and Windows.net. For additional information about this 'problem', recommend Googling 'Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000020D'.Best regards,Jim

Guest jahman

Standard recommendtion: Before you start debugging, please run Windows Update and make sure all your MSVC and .NET Runtimes are up to date.Cheers,- jahman.

I remember having that error message myself some while ago. Although the message is from the REX weather engine, it's not the cause of the CTD. The message always appears when FSX is shut down while the weather engine was still runnning which then caused the weather engine to crash.I no longer get this message though, must have been fixed with the Overdrive update I think.

Thanks all for your help. I'll look into troubleshooting the problem based on your suggestions.

My specs are Windows 7 64-bit, SP1, FSX Acceleration, Intel i5 2410 processor @ 2.3 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 6490M, Mobile Intel HD Graphics, Add Ons: PMDG 747-400, UTX North America, UTX Europe, My Traffic X, FS2Crew PMDG 747, FSPassengers

i get this error every time i fly and when i am doing a xc my just shuts down. basically i can not use FSX some times. i have REX 2.0 with the over drive and my UAC is all the disabled. i do not know what to do, it is driving me mad.

OK, then it wasn't the overdrive upgrade that fixed it for me. The only thing I could think of then is that I no longer start the weather engine automatically with FSX. And since I run FSX as administrator, I also start the wx engine as admin. Try if that helps. Otherwise I'm sure you will get more help in the REX support forums.

OK, then it wasn't the overdrive upgrade that fixed it for me. The only thing I could think of then is that I no longer start the weather engine automatically with FSX. And since I run FSX as administrator, I also start the wx engine as admin. Try if that helps. Otherwise I'm sure you will get more help in the REX support forums.
i am going to reninstall REX to see if that fixes it. it might

i am going to reninstall REX to see if that fixes it. it might
I have been getting this CTD also."Microsoft.Net FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your applicationException from HRESULT: 0xC000020D" Don't have REX installed. Running WinXP SP3.

Guest firehawk44
Running WinXP SP3.
Dotnet is automatically installed in Windows 7 but not in XP. Software developers like Microsoft usually install it if it does not find it on your system when it installs FSX or Acceleration or other addons. To get the latest version of Microsoft.net, you should check out the Microsoft.net website and download the appropriate version for your operating system. Here is the link if you have the 64 bit version of WinXP installed - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Dotnet is automatically installed in Windows 7 but not in XP. Software developers like Microsoft usually install it if it does not find it on your system when it installs FSX or Acceleration or other addons. To get the latest version of Microsoft.net, you should check out the Microsoft.net website and download the appropriate version for your operating system. Here is the link if you have the 64 bit version of WinXP installed - http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=17718. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim
Thanks Jim,I think what happened is that some newly installed program installed a version of .net that I didn't already have, but it was not updated. Just ran update and there were several for .net, hopefully that will fix it.

Guest firehawk44
Just ran update and there were several for .net, hopefully that will fix it.
Excellent find! Hopefully that is the fix.Best regards,Jim

Guest jahman
I think what happened is that some newly installed program installed a version of .net that I didn't already have, but it was not updated.
Good to hear Windows Update sorted it out for you!Cheers,- jahman.

I am running windows 7 64 bit, I don't really now what the problem is when i get the HRESULT error

Guest jahman
I am running windows 7 64 bit, I don't really now what the problem is when i get the HRESULT error
Can you start a new thread with your CTD info from the Event Log so we can help you out? Thanks!Cheers,- jahman.